Conceived thinking I was already pregnant..Maybe?

Ryeee

Reaction score
So I’ve been on Leena for about nine months. I took my last pill 11/29 leaving two pills in the pack before my withdrawal bleed week. I was already spotting which lasted about two days. When I didn’t start bleeding any heavier, I referred back to the leaflet that came with my pills & it said something along the lines of “if you miss 2-3 pills in the last pack you probably won’t have a withdrawal bleed and this was to be expected”..... okay cool. When my bleed never showed, I freaked and never started a new pack. I’ll be honest, I’ve never been the model pill taker but I’ve always had a bleed at the end of each pack. Sometimes I would be spotting wellllll in advance.

I started thinking well there’s no way I could’ve gotten pregnant in November. I don’t even recall so much as getting a hug last month! Lol so I started thinking back to the last time I was active ( mid October ) I was thinking what are the chances?? I had a weird back to back bleed in October to beginning of November about a week and a half apart from what I can remember. I didn’t think of anything of it back then because again, I tend to have days where I don’t take my pills correctly. Another thing that made me think this is I can feel what I believe is my uterus above my pubic bone. I have one child now who’s 3 1/2. I was thinking did my uterus ever shrink completely back down or what? What the hell is going on? I haven’t had any spotting or anything since the end of November, start of December. I’m really freaking out at this point. Test after test after test, all of course BFN. But that didn’t calm my nerves.

I ended up being active again the 12/5th (withdrawal) and the 12/13 (no withdrawal). I opened my period tracker to make sense of everything & guess who was set to ovulate on the 16th!? :shock: I’ve had mild on and off cramping starting around the 14th. Kinda like a pulling sensation that turned into mild AF cramps. I haven’t had any spotting tho.

I finally scheduled a blood test for the 21st and it came back less than 2. My doctor also did an exam and she mentioned my cervix was soft. I’ve read plenty of posts about the position of the cervix and how it’s supposed to feel. I threw on some gloves to see for myself. Wow, it is soft. Don’t know about opened or closed but it was squishy. Once my results came back, I was calm for a few days until yesterday afternoon. Put gloves on again & I had to reeeeeeach and even then it seemed to blend in. I POAS afterward and got my BFP! :confused: I wasn’t trying to conceive but I wasn’t 99.9% preventing it either because I thought I was already pregnant. I seen so many post about people’s cycles taking awhile to regulate after stopping pills. So I thought I’ll be fine. Also keeping in mind that I had to really put in effort with my daughter after being off bc for close to 8 months. But I’m here now & you guys are the first to here it!

4B4F344B-149D-412D-9A6C-E621C345DB99.jpeg

Wow! Congratulations! What a roller coaster you've been on, have you scheduled another doctor's appointment yet just to check your blood levels? To be honest you probably got pregnant this month in December. It was most likely too early to detect when you went to the doctors on the 21st. H&H 9 months btw!!

Wow! Congratulations! What a roller coaster you've been on, have you scheduled another doctor's appointment yet just to check your blood levels? To be honest you probably got pregnant this month in December. It was most likely too early to detect when you went to the doctors on the 21st. H&H 9 months btw!!

Thank you so much! Yeah, this month has drove me craaaaazy! The appt I had was with my PCP due to me not currently having insurance and their self pay costs are way lower than my OB/GYN. I called back letting them know I tested positive six days later and if I needed to come back for another blood test. The nurse told me the doctor said take another test which would’ve been this morning and see what it says. I let her know I took one Friday morning and it was positive. She was like it’s safe to say you’re pregnant and to follow up with my OB/GYN.

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :happydance:

What a ride u have been on wow.
Congrats
Bit worried about the whole cervix thing now because mine us still low firm clossed and I'm 6 weeks 2 days. My tests are blinding positive tho. Darker than control line so I'm hoping all is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->