Conceiving after loss (c-section)

Marilyn

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was looking for some advice and found this forum. I lost my baby boy 2 months ago due to a giant lymphangioma. I was 23 weeks long and had to had a c-section (a micro c-section as my doctor called it).
He told me wait 1 year before trying again, but I can't wait that long. I'ts so hard...

I wanted to know if any of you have had a c-section and then conceived in a shorter period of time.

Thank you...

I had to have an emergency c-section with my son and I was told to wait at least 18 months before trying again and around this time I did get pregnant so I would have considered myself in the 'green' zone. I have read many stories of woman getting pregnant within a year of having a c-section so I can't fully explain the risks. I know there is a risk of rupture and I couldn't believe it when my FS said that having a c-secton in the first place can cause m/c's... thanks!

I know it's soo hard and I really can't offer much advice, I guess it all depends on how well you have healed. I am sorry or your loss xxx

i was told to wait a year after my section. But conceived 6mth after. And had a 2nd section 16mth after my 1st. Neither of mine where emergency ones ,but cant imagine that makin a difference. Im really sorry for your loss. Hope its ok i replyed. I carried to 41 weeks the 2nd time and my scar was fine

I was told to wait 6 months after csection, i plan to wait longer i think but i've healed very well so i don't think i'd be anymore at risk now than if i waited 3 years, the risk of rupture will always be there now no matter how long you leave it. If you feel ready then 6 months should be well healed xx

Im not planning on trying again but i wonderd this and just posted it in neonatal loss x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->