Conceiving w/ late ovulation -- increased risk of birth defects?

cl86

Reaction score
Hello ladies, first time poster here desperately hoping to get some insight/advice.

I am really upset and freaked out right now. I read some conflicting information online about whether conceiving w/ late ovulation (particular CD 20+) is associated with an increased likelihood of birth defects. I ovulated really late this cycle (CD 24 or 25), and I'm 3-4 days late for my period (currently CD 42, I typically have a 14-day luteal phase, but HPTs are still showing negative).

I was wondering if any of you have conceived w/ late ovulation and if there were any negative effects on your ability to carry to term and/or the health of your child? Or if you could just share any thoughts or knowledge you have about this issue? Sadly, I wasn't aware about the potential increased risk of birth defects associated with late ovulation when we were trying earlier this cycle, and now I don't know what to think and am beating myself up.
:(

For some add'l background info, I'm 31 y/o w/ lean PCOS. My cycles have ranged anywhere from 28 to 39 days in the past year.

Please help if you can! It would be much appreciated. Thank you all.

I ovulated CD29 when I got pregnant with my DS2. I was 33 and I have PCOS. He’s 18 months now and always been very healthy. He didn’t even have a tongue tie which his brother did. I’d not heard the link with birth defects!

I Od cd21 or 22 with dd. She had a lip tie, but no other abnormalities. She was premature but I apparently had BV, UTI, and a fairly active job. I do no think any of these were related to late O.

FX you get your bfp soon!

I ovulated around cd 22 with my second and she's perfect :)
I work in maternity and have never heard anyone mention ovulation as a factor in anything! I've never read any research that suggests that. I really would put that from your mind as bollocks. X

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and for your well wishes! I feel so fortunate to have found this forum of helpful and supportive women.

Just as an update, no BFP yet, but I happened to have an annual physical exam scheduled for today, so I asked to have a blood pregnancy test done. I'm still waiting on the results -- will update when I find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->