Concerned About TTC & Stress

Springermommy

Reaction score
So, my schedule is pretty hectic and will be until May (although it's currently slowing down a bit due to winter break).
When we TTC in February, I'll be working night shift full time and interning 16 hours a week (2 full days that occur after I have my 2 nights off from work.) I'll also have homework from 2 online courses. I know it's manageable because I've been doing it for the past 16 months.
Just slightly worried about being able to conceive right away due to stress.Is this a concern for anyone else or has being stressed hindered getting pregnant for anyone?

Just trying to trust God through this whole process...

The only thing I can think of is stress hindering your period & maybe ovulation. My doctor has told me numerous times that it can throw your cycle off to have a lot of stress in your life. Since you aren't starting TTC until February, maybe look at some ways you can reduce some stress or manage it before you start TTC?

Stress can delay ovulation. However, I think if it's still manageable for you, you should be okay. Like CMarie said, maybe try looking into ways to reduce stress so you're ready in February. Looking into relaxation techniques that you can do every day, like meditation, might be helpful too.

I think part of the reason that it took me a year to conceive my youngest was stress. That being said, I also have really irregular periods, which played a huge part in it too. I think I only had 8 periods in 13 months, so that made it much more difficult and could have been the reason it took a while instead of stress.

I worry about this, too. I teach private music lessons after school have rehearsals in the evenings, and also work some mornings at a coffee shop. The late nights and early mornings can be brutal when they happen. I've been taking naps when I have breaks in my schedule again for the first time since college! :)

I am planning on dropping the coffee shop as soon as DH gets a better job, which should happen soon.

I've always has irregular periods, so I think it could take me a while.

I worry about this, too. I teach private music lessons after school have rehearsals in the evenings, and also work some mornings at a coffee shop. The late nights and early mornings can be brutal when they happen. I've been taking naps when I have breaks in my schedule again for the first time since college! :)

I am planning on dropping the coffee shop as soon as DH gets a better job, which should happen soon.

I've always has irregular periods, so I think it could take me a while.

Here's hoping your DH gets a better job soon so you can reduce your stress! :) Glad I'm not alone, though. Naps are amazing!

Thanks for the great insight, ladies! There are only a few days here and there where I feel super stressed. I may try some relaxation techniques or guided imagery. :)

Stress seems to affect some people more than others, you will probably be fine if you're able to manage it! I would be a bit nervous about being in first trimester with so much going on though.

I've just got a new job so will be leaving nights behind yippee!! So I Can totally relate stress wise. I'd just recommend when not working enjoy the downtime and take time for your self.. Little things like long baths etc!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->