concerned about weight, or lack of..

P

prdlyexpectng

hello ladies..

this question is not meant to be stubborn in any way! but.. i have always been a small girl.. and before i found out i was pregnant i was about 97 pounds, and i just weighed myself today and i only weigh 94! i have had absolutely NO appetite since finding out, and had a bout of morning sickness this morning. i am a little concerned i guess.. i know many women lose weight during the first trimester due to morning sickness, but i guess im just worried since i dont weigh anything! xx:wacko:

I would say even though you have no appetite, you should try to eat your 3 meals a day or smaller meals more often if you find you feel full quickly (which has been happening to me). I have had no appetite so far and also fine sometimes when I have the food in front of me it makes me feel queezy but I'm fine once i'm eating it.
Every now and then I fine I crave something and then I jump on it just because its nice to WANT something to eat :)

but even doing that I have found I lost weight up until this week where it has started to come back again.

If you are very worried about your weight lose talk to your doctor, but most don't worry about weight lose in your first tri, it's if you don't start putting it on once you're past the 12 weeks they start to worry.

Is your BMI very low?

yes! my bmi is really low, i'm 5'4" so my BMI is around 16.5.. i am really trying to eat but nothing seems appetizing :(

I know it's hard, but you should try to eat anyway, and with your BMI being so low you're doing it for baby, just like not have a glass of wine :( Hopefully your appetite will come back soon. Have you already spoken to the doctors about your weight?

I weighed 101 pounds before I got pregnant, and by the time I went to my first doctors appointment I was down to 96. I literally had to force myself to eat the first few weeks. Ahhh, but about a week ago I got my appetite back! I'm up to 99 pounds, yayyy! Just give it time! You'll eventually get your appetite back and everything will be fine. My doctor told me to just make sure I'm taking my prenatal vitamin and to try to eat little snacks throughout the day. Good luck, and congrats on your pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->