Concerned that History is repeating itself...?

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
Firstly, I know that this might sound ridiculous to some but its really playing on my mind so thought Id see what you all thought.

Firstly, for those who dont know, I had my daughter by crash section at 32+5 due to severe undetected preeclampsia, IUGR and HELLP syndrome. she was 2lb 4oz. During her pregnancy, I literally felt poorly from the start. I suffered from headaches constantly, was uncomfortable early on and generally was unwell until she arrived. I think the actual pre-e symptoms started at about 22 weeks but I felt poorly literally from BFP day-but couldnt tell you why.

Just for the record-I went on to have a perfectly healthy, term baby son 14 months after her birth which was a fantastic experience.

ANYHOO-
I am now pregnant with number 3... and all those familiar feelings are creeping back in-and scaring the daylights out of me. I literally have had one big headache since 3+5 when I got my BFP. i have to go sleep it off generally and twice now I have had to wake my DH during the night to get me some paracetamol because I literally cannot lift my head off the pillow for the pain. I also have fainted three times in two weeks. the headaches are the main concern of mine as I remember this so clearly from before.
Again, sounds ridiculous but I am wondering if I cant carry Girls maybe? I dunno. I realise I sound ridiculous so I apologise but I just dont know what to think.

thoughts VERY welcome.

xx

Head aches r very normal in early pregnancy so u could just be experiencing that? Maybe because ur having headaches ur worrying urself that it's something serious.

It could actually be a girl thing, headaches r caused by hormones in early pregnancy and the girl hormones could affect u differently from the boy ones?

Don't worry about it, it may be nothing to do with pre eclampsia! It's a bit early for signs to be showing now anyway.
A lot of women have severe headaches in the 1st trimester and it passes and their pregnancies r fine.

I'm preg with no.3 too and had my daughter at 28+6 due to PE and iugr, 1lb 8oz. My first was a easy smooth pregnancy. I'm also scared to go through it again but there's no point in worrying, if it happens it happens and worrying about it isn't going to change the outcome. Relaxing and not stressing in my theory to a smooth pregnancy, so that's wot I'm trying.

oh hun! But i remember having the most vicious headaches with Tori too :hugs:

And a big congratulations too :)

Woo hoo congrats! My god your keen woman :thumbup:.

Like the girls have said severe headaches are quite common early on have u seen your mw yet? I presume they will monitor your closely and don't let them fob you of that itll be fine with Bertie being term. Rest up as much as you can but win 2 toddlers I know that won't be easy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->