Concerns :(

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
Today I went to get Jack weighed, he is 31 weeks and weighs 20.3lb Is this too much, the HV didn't mention anything it's just I was looking at some 9-12 month clothes and they say 21lb - ? and they are huge on Jack :S

Also last night when he was on his tummy he kept leaning to one side with his head like it was heavy on that side, and he also did it today in his highchair. I know it's probably first time mum paranoia but I'm worried it could be the start of something serious. I told the MW and she said to monitor it and go see HV next week. Jack is a healthy happy baby and I just wondered if this has happened to anyone else :cry:

i think leeon weighed about that when he was 7 months old if not more but his weight will slow down now hun clothes are always wrong in the labels its the build of your baby really not the weight ive never used the weight as baby could be short tall chunky or skinny they dont no that lol leeon always sits to one side in his pram and highchair always has done and when he was little used to do it in his bouncer too probably just comfort i wouldnt worry too much if hes happy and healthy hun x x x

Its not his whole body its like his head has a lead weight on one side and he can't keep it up :S Has done it twice since yesterday

has he been grabbing his ears maybe has an ear infection could be why hes tilting his head to one side?

My Jack is pretty much the same age as your Jack, & last Friday he weighed 23.9lbs, which is what they would expect for an 18-24 mth old? They said no to worry though as he is a sturdy lad & will soon lose some when he starts to crawl etc. As for the head thing, I can't help sorry, all I can suggest is keeping an eye on it & if it is happening often, to mention it to th HV as suggested:hugs:

Colton was 21lbs-something at 7mo. He's 24lbs 12oz now at 9mo.
Try not too worry hun, Im sure hes fine.

has he been grabbing his ears maybe has an ear infection could be why hes tilting his head to one side?
No he hasn't, this is why I'm so confused. My OH says I'm just being silly, but I'd rather get it checked and find out it's nothing, rather than leaving something serious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->