"Condensed milk, or a cup of milky tea"

Celesse

Reaction score
"Condensed milk, or a cup of milky tea"<< MIL's suggestions for helping fill LO up so she will sleep better :wacko:. (no, we are not giving them to her).

Where do they get these ideas from?! I mean tea contains caffeine and I can't imagine giving it to LO and I'm pretty sure condensed milk is packed with sugar.

:haha: funny about condensed milk. Pretty sure I heard the tea advice before. I think they actually have decaff teas and teas for babies? not sure, was never really keen on the idea of my LO sipping tea :coffee:

My daughter Hollie loves tea....she is 4 though! She has a cup every now and then. Wouldnt have given it to her at 10 months though. x

I used to have tea in my bottle but it was really milky, but I loved it...I dont know how old I was though. When I went to school I'd take tea in my flask, I found it comforting.

Theres always decaf tea!!!

I've been given that advice too. Here it was pretty normal (back in the day) to give your baby condensed milk, and even when I was young (I was born and raised in England), my parents would give me tea. Many people who were parents 20+ years ago will tell you these "miracle" suggestions, but you know what's best for your baby. I don't want my LO hyped up on caffeine, so I won't give her black tea. Herbal tea is another thing altogether, because that contains no caffeine.

:lol: @ condensed milk and kids with tea in bottle looks so terrible!

But condensed milk, i used to drink that by the truck load when i was pregnant!

30-40ish years ago, condensed or evaporated milk were routinely given to babies.

Ohh I havent heard of this. The ones I get told to use is baby rice or rusk in a bottle. My LO is BF too, I can't get rusk into my bood, lol.

Soon people will be telling us to give them baby rice as soon as they are born xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->