"Condensed milk, or a cup of milky tea"

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Celesse, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Celesse

Celesse Well-Known Member

"Condensed milk, or a cup of milky tea"<< MIL's suggestions for helping fill LO up so she will sleep better :wacko:. (no, we are not giving them to her).

Where do they get these ideas from?! I mean tea contains caffeine and I can't imagine giving it to LO and I'm pretty sure condensed milk is packed with sugar.

2. lanaross

lanaross Mom to Bella and Greyson

:haha: funny about condensed milk. Pretty sure I heard the tea advice before. I think they actually have decaff teas and teas for babies? not sure, was never really keen on the idea of my LO sipping tea :coffee:

3. hannahR

hannahR Hollie aged three ttc no2

My daughter Hollie loves tea....she is 4 though! She has a cup every now and then. Wouldnt have given it to her at 10 months though. x

4. Mrs Mayhem

Mrs Mayhem Guest

Oh my life! condensed milk is practically pure sugar!!

5. Cookie1979

Cookie1979 Well-Known Member

I used to have tea in my bottle but it was really milky, but I loved it...I dont know how old I was though. When I went to school I'd take tea in my flask, I found it comforting.

Theres always decaf tea!!!

6. Lara310809

Lara310809 Mum of 3 girls

I've been given that advice too. Here it was pretty normal (back in the day) to give your baby condensed milk, and even when I was young (I was born and raised in England), my parents would give me tea. Many people who were parents 20+ years ago will tell you these "miracle" suggestions, but you know what's best for your baby. I don't want my LO hyped up on caffeine, so I won't give her black tea. Herbal tea is another thing altogether, because that contains no caffeine.

7. Lyndz

Lyndz Bella's Mummy

:lol: @ condensed milk and kids with tea in bottle looks so terrible!

But condensed milk, i used to drink that by the truck load when i was pregnant!

8. blahblahblah

blahblahblah Well-Known Member

30-40ish years ago, condensed or evaporated milk were routinely given to babies.

9. oliviarose

oliviarose Well-Known Member

Ohh I havent heard of this. The ones I get told to use is baby rice or rusk in a bottle. My LO is BF too, I can't get rusk into my bood, lol.

Soon people will be telling us to give them baby rice as soon as they are born xxx