Condenser Tumble Dryers

Mazzy17

Reaction score
Just looking for some advice from real users.

Me and hubby only have a washing machine and unless the sun comes out (this is England, its unlikely!) or its winter and i put the heating on it takes nearly a day to dry our clothes :growlmad:

As we are gonna have a little one arriving in February I have been putting serious thought in getting a tumble dryer. Been looking into them and condenser dryers is the way to go for us.

Just wondering on anyones experiences or advice :flower:

We have one and I love it... but they are really expensive to run!

I have one (whirlpool 6th sense). I love it.

there's two types isn't there. ours is the one where you have to empty the water out, I find that so annoying! the other one attaches to the plumbing I think? more effort initially but I would defo prefer that now. I love it other than that though. oh and it makes alot of noise so had to go in the garage!

I have one. The kind where you empty the water out. Definitely worth it!

Love mine! could not keep up with all our laundry without it, no way!

I love mine! It works very well.

Yeah we have one where you empty the water out but it only needs doing every few loads, I've had it for over 5 years and its great. Its a Hotpoint Aquarius.

I've got a Miele one- wouldn't be without it.

Brilliant advantage is that you can have it anywhere you've got space as it doesn't need plumbing - just make sure you have it as near ventilation as possible... I keep mine in the garage with the washer.

:)

I hate mine. Takes forever to dry compared to my mum's regular tumble dryer. Only upside is not needing the big pipe thing hanging out the front.

I hate mine. Takes forever to dry compared to my mum's regular tumble dryer. Only upside is not needing the big pipe thing hanging out the front.

I found that with mine last year and then I discovered a second filter I didn't know about that I hadn't cleaned in 4 years! I cleaned it and it made such a difference. Have you checked all yours?

I've got a washer dryer and wouldn't be without it! I use it all year round - I prefer to pop the underwear and socks in for an hour in the summer and getting them put away rather than having them hanging around the house lol.

i love my tumble dryer, it dries clothes really quickly and they are crease free, i fold them and put away straight away which means i dont have any ironing (I HATE IRONING) wouldnt be without mine x

I have a condenser dryer at the moment and I love it. In saying that it doesn't get used that often at the moment. I usually just dry sheets and towels in it when I need them done and we've not got the weather to hang them outside.
It's so handy to have in an emergency where you need something really quickly. I think really once you are emptying your filter and water tray every use and cleaning the condenser unit once a month or so (depending on how often it's used) then they do dry very well.

We have a hotpoint aquarius also had it for about 5-6 years. We have it on the wall to our living room as no where else to put it. Empty water our which is easy enough. I only use at night if I can help it so electric costs less. We only have economy 7 storage heaters so not very good for drying clothes on

xx

I found that with mine last year and then I discovered a second filter I didn't know about that I hadn't cleaned in 4 years! I cleaned it and it made such a difference. Have you checked all yours?

Whaatt?? :lol:
Mine's a refurb so I don't have any info for it. Where was your second filter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->