confused about bbt.

MadisonsMomma

1DD[5.1.12]&[TTC]
Reaction score
This is my first month of using bbt along with everything else for ovulation. I've been tracking to avoid pregnancy for 2 yrs and switched to trying to concieve 6 months ago. Added bbt because we weren't getting pregnant. Now according to cm. And cervical height I ovulated like yesterday. According to my temps I've never ovulated. I made a mistake in not getting opks because I thought the bbt was enough. I'm just feeling confused and frustrated. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-16-08-42-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-16-08-42-47.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi there, you said you have been charting due to not wanting to ttc were all your other charts normal? did you see ov etc? how long are your cycles normally? Are you taking the temps at the same time every morning? And before you get up or have a sip of water etc?

Temping is the most accurate way to tell if you ovulated... But I think you need to at least have one full cycle charted to really be able to see what your patterns are. From what you have now, it would appear that you haven't ovulated yet... But you should wait and see what your temps do over the next week or so. Maybe you are having delayed ovulation due to the stress of TTC? I started charting 4 cycles ago cuz I thought it would make everything more clear, but then I just got really irregular... I think it was from the stress. :(

You can have multiple patches of fertile cm during your cycle; not just when you ovulate. And from my experience cervical position is not reliable at all. BBT is the only reliable way to detect ovulation (unless you have an ultrasound at home!). Even opks aren't reliable.. I ovulated last month and never got a positive with one.

This is my first month of using bbt along with everything else for ovulation. I've been tracking to avoid pregnancy for 2 yrs and switched to trying to concieve 6 months ago. Added bbt because we weren't getting pregnant. Now according to cm. And cervical height I ovulated like yesterday. According to my temps I've never ovulated. I made a mistake in not getting opks because I thought the bbt was enough. I'm just feeling confused and frustrated. Any ideas?

You could have O'd but you didn't have enough days logged prior to your cm/cervical position for crosshairs to be given. Fertility Friend determines ovulation by having 3 temperatures higher than the previous 6. It looks like you didn't start charting until right before your suspected O? If you want to play around with it you can log the same temp for 5 days prior to O that you had but of course you'd be plugging in temps just to see if it would give you crosshairs then :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->