Confused about dating scans?

Sarah20109

Reaction score
Okay, so I know that how far along you are is figured by the first day of your last period, because most women don't know the exact date they conceived. According to my LMP I'm 5 weeks 1 day today. When I go in for a scan at 8 weeks will I still be considered 8 weeks or will I be bumped back to six weeks since I probably conceived two weeks after the first day of my last period? I hope this makes sense. So basically once you get a dating scan do doctors still go by LMP or is it figured by the date you conceived at that point?

When you go to the scan they will give u a date based on the length and development of the foetus, your LMP or conception date is irrelevant at your scan

So I'll probably be closer to six weeks than eight weeks at my scan?

No even tho you conceived 2 weeks after your lmp the 2 weeks still count, you will be 8 weeks, when the witch should of been due you are 4 weeks

If I'm reading your post correctly you would still date around 8 weeks as they class you as pg the 2 weeks before you actually are (which if you have a 28 day cycle would be from the 1st day of your period).

Nope you'll still be close to 8 weeks (if your right with your dates).

It's weird to describe but basically your 2 weeks 'pregnant' when you conceive (roughly).

Thank you all so much! I was worried those two extra weeks didn't count. I didn't want the wait for 2nd tri to take even longer than I thought it was going to :haha:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->