Confused about LH Surge

Clara11

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
This is my first post and I am looking for some advice. I am on my third month of TTC and started OPK'ing on day 13 (i usually have 29 day cycles although have had some as short as 26 days) and didnt have a surge so stopped testing on day 20. Yesterday something made me go and test (day 25) and there was a dark line....I thought this was strange as it seemed very late in my cycle. Today I did another test and exactly the same as yesterday, another dark line. This has never happened before, the surge has always been for one day around day 16. Any advice as I am sooo confused.

Is anything different this cycle, have you adding any vitamins or supplements, or maybe had a lot of stress happening which could have delayed O?

No nothing different at all, its been a happy and relaxed month. :thumbup:

That is unusual then, do you chart? And do you have any other O symptoms at the moment.

I dont chart, as we only started TTC a few months ago I thought I would see how I got on with the OPK kits and they have been spot on up til now. Its all very strange! I dont have any other symptoms at all, even stranger!!

Not to alarm you in any way shape or form, but sometimes it can be indicative of PCOS, so if it happens next month it might be worth getting it checked out - but it could jsut be an ultra long cycle for you.

Charting is a lot better than opks as opk only indicates O, charting will confirm it.

Just as an update, I tested again this morning and have the same dark line. This is day 27 of my cycle.

Ok well maybe it's just a late O, keep an eye on it though...

And do consider charting (there's a link to fertility friend on my signature which has tons of info and a charting course on there)

Hi; this might help.

It would seem that I get a second surge right before AF. I temp, so I know when my OV day is and I don't have PCOS.

From what I have read, a second surge right before the witch shows is pretty normal; it's one of those things you don't see unless you happen to taken an OPK at the right time.

Thanks Dmom, I was not aware of this - another interesting trick our bodies can play on us, so OP you'll find out in another day or two.

Hi Everyone
This is my first post and I am looking for some advice. I am on my third month of TTC and started OPK'ing on day 13 (i usually have 29 day cycles although have had some as short as 26 days) and didnt have a surge so stopped testing on day 20. Yesterday something made me go and test (day 25) and there was a dark line....I thought this was strange as it seemed very late in my cycle. Today I did another test and exactly the same as yesterday, another dark line. This has never happened before, the surge has always been for one day around day 16. Any advice as I am sooo confused.

Just curious...did you try an HPT? I only see that your OPKs are coming out positive...is it worth a try? This is you third month of trying...good luck, hun.

Hi everyone. We decided to do an HPT test yesterday and much to our surprise it was positive. We couldn't quite believe it so did another which showed I am 3 weeks gone. We are totally delighted! It seems the OPK tests were picking up the pregnancy hormone! I guess my LH surge must have happened before day 13 which is when I started testing.

Hi everyone. We decided to do an HPT test yesterday and much to our surprise it was positive. We couldn't quite believe it so did another which showed I am 3 weeks gone. We are totally delighted! It seems the OPK tests were picking up the pregnancy hormone! I guess my LH surge must have happened before day 13 which is when I started testing.

Yeah, congrats, i was going to suggest that it could be a bfp, i know sometimes the OPK's pick that up. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->