Confused about milk- can anyone help?

indy and lara

Reaction score
HI there

I am getting myself in a right muddle trying to work out milk/ dairy and wondered if anyone can help?

Emma is BF. We are at the very early stages of BLW and that is going fine. I hope to continue BF so that will remain her main milk.

What happens with other dairy?
What do I put on cereal once we start that?
When can she eat cheese/ yoghurts?
Which yoghurts do you recommend? (I hate yoghurt so have no ideas here!)
What about drinks of water? Do you offer them with meals?

Thanks

Lesley

Hi. You can give her dairy from 6 months, ie milk in her cereal, yoghurts, cheese - but don't give her cows milk as a drink as it's filling and not as nutrious as breastmilk.

I gave Sofia a little dairy and waited to see if she reacted to it. I don't do that with many things, just we have dairy allergies in the family.

Also, I don't give it to her that often, because one theory behind the rise in dairy allergies is that people eat too much. So I give her oat and rice milk instead sometimes (which is what I have).

I always offer her water at meals, sometimes with her doidy cup and sometimes with a beaker (depending where we are!). Sometimes she'll drink lots and sometimes she'll refuse. I figure she knows best! Especially as she's still getting her breastmilk.
I give her natural yoghurt, and I've given her fruit yoghurts with no added sugar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->