Confused about Soy

jjbubbles28

Reaction score
Ok, so Im 35, husband 44. Been TTC since Jan,Feb. Currently have regular 30-32 day cycles. Often got 2 positive surges on OPKS and temping was always inconsistent due to sleep disruption. I am taking bcomplex, prenatals, omegas, vitamin D, and coq10. Interested in soy, but nervous it will mess up my cycle. Anyone have success when using them with a normal cycle? any complications? We have been bedding every other day for 2 week period including the fertile period. I have NEVER seen a positive

Read this article first and if you decide to do it I STRONGLY advise you buy organic soy.

https://www.realfarmacy.com/not-a-miracle-health-food/#58zt7frjMJxSkybo.01

Agree with tigerlillies on this one. Soy is 99% GMO and RoundUp saturated during the growing process and not as good for you as it seems to be presented. Even when looking for organic you cannot determine (unless the seller has chosen to disclose or you live in a state where they mandate disclosure of GMO products) you cannot tell if the product is genetically modified. This is important because multiple studies have shown GMO products to have adverse effect on reproductive systems of women and men.

GMO and chemical treatments aside soy iso flavens are supposed to work by manipulating your hormones or tricking your body into overproduction of estrogen and stimulating ovulation. The problem is often times soy does the exact opposite and shows up in a woman's body as excess estrogen and will suppress your cycles. Read up on it and then make your decision. There are some women who probably have got pregnant on soy but if your waging taking it because you think you need an estrogen boost to get O going I would have your levels checked first and then decide which route to take to balance your hormones before jumping into soy :thumbup:
https://www.babycenter.com/404_can-soy-isoflavones-help-me-get-pregnant_10364266.bc

Thanks ladies, Im most nervous about messing up my normal cycles...

Thanks ladies, Im most nervous about messing up my normal cycles...

What I have read on almost every website about soy is that it does tend to change women's cycles who are usually normal. They call it nature's clomid but clomid is specifically formulated in a way that the body will only recognize it as an estrogen inhibitor where as soy can end up causing a cascade of unintentional hormonal issues. Again I have seen some women claim success and perhaps their issues and brand/formula of soy did happen to be the nudge they needed but I have also read countless threads with women who have had there cycles delayed by it too..even more than the other herbal supplements you hear about on the forum. Just research it carefully and know what your goal or hurdle is that you are trying to overcome before picking a path. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->