Confused after first 5w scan... Gestational sac?

Feulia

Reaction score
Have been in and out of the blimmin' hospital all week due to PAIN, PAIN AND MORE PAIN! Today however, I had my first scan at 5w... Very early due to a suspected ectopic, and although the lady said there's no major ectopic warning signs, I'm still going to be closely monitored... :shrug:

My biggest worry right now, is that she says I'm "more like 3w pregnant" due to my gestational sac size of 0.29mm - now this pregnancy malarkey is new to me, but I thought the the sac wasn't visible until 4w, and grows 1mm a day thereafter?

I'm absolutely certain I'm 5w!
21 day cycle, LMP on 5 November, ovulation on 15 November and implantation bleeding on 22 November (for sure - I've never bled mid-cycle before and my breasts literally exploded in tenderness and size that morning)!

Last HCG was 534 on Friday (4w 3d) - had doubled from the day before, but she says this was low.

What's going on?! How accurate are these ultrasound dates? I'm so scared of MC'ing :(

Sorry if I seem a bit naive - I'm confused, in pain, young and trying to get my head around this first timer pregnancy stuff! :nope:

It sounds to me like when she says "3 weeks" she means "3 weeks since conception".... ie 5 weeks pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->