Confused and overwhelmed and in need of good advice

shannam

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am totally new to this forum but it seemed like a good place to come for advice, understanding, and support from others in similar situation. I am 24 years old and have been trying TTC for about 5 months now. I never imagined that i would have a difficult time becoming pregnant because I was always on birth control but have always known that I wanted to be a mom. Now that I am through with school and feel a little more secure with job I have been dying to have a baby. Me and my fiance just naturally asumed that it would happen pretty soon...Now approaching six months I feel like it is the only thing on my mind. It just seems to consume you with obsession and I pay attention to every little symptom of my body just hoping for a positive test but ending in failure and negative feelings. I had not been trying ovulation tests because my periods have always been very regular but last month I tried and it never really seemed to work the lines were hard to tell if lighter or darker they just seemed to have very little change...I am thinking about trying vitex this month and was wonder if anyone has had any luck. I know you are not suppose to go to the doctor until you have tried for a month so I am hoping this may be a natural way to boost my fertility. Please help any advice, thoughts, or just sharing of your experiences would be greatly appreciated! :) thanks

I am on fertilaid which has vitex in it. And you will definitely find a lot of tips on this site to help you conceive. Good Luck!!!

Hi hun,

Vitex is for women who do not have regular cycles, if women who are regular take it, they usually end up with really long or strange cycles, I definitely dont recommend it. If you are looking for something to help you, I would suggest the clear blue digital ovulation test as it gives you a smiley face when you are ovulating unlike the two lines that are hard to read. I also suggested temping, if you go on fertilityfriend.com they have tutorials. This time im trying SMEP (sperm meets egg plan) to see if that will help.

That being said, it usually takes women 12 months on average to conceive (which is where I am this month) I know its hard!! just keep doing what your doing and in one year if nothing yet go to your doc for some testing. My hubby came back ok and im just waiting to my tests.

I hate the feeling of not knowing as well but sometimes mother nature cant be reckoned with!

Good luck!

Hey! I can feel your pain. I have PCOS and Im working with my gyno. I would suggest for you to go to the doctor. i am also taking prenatal vitamins. Those help to get your body ready for the baby. Doctor would do lots of bloodwork and testing. I did an HSG today and it came back open (my fallopian tubes). I am also taking femara cd 3-7. Honestly, there is a lot of help out there. We are all in this together! ;)

Hey hun
I know how you feel. I have regular 27 day cycles and I have used OPKs for 2 of my 8 cycles so far. All they have shown me is that I ovulate right when I thought CD14. I'm not going to use them any more as they are expensive and when
I am so regular I don't really see the point. Just sit tight and try to take your mind off It. You're only really young so you have plenty of time if it doesnt happen quickly, but I'm pretty sure both you and I will be pregnant before our 12 months is up xx

Thanks girlies for the comments...I def am trying to be positive and every month is a new chance but dang it gets frustratin lol I'm def not trying the ovulation kits anymore bc I feel they are too expensive and it def seemed to put more pressure on me for some reason...I think I will try that route again if within 12 months I have no luck...I think after researching all last night I prob am not gonna try the vitex either but up my excercise and be better on my diet bc I have been a lil bad lately lol! :)

Stay positive!! Don't let the :bfn: get you down.
It will happen!

I hope so I should be ovualting any day so I am hoping this is my month :)

Hi Shannam, I am new(er) to this site as well and have been TTC for about 3 months. It is really hard to not get discouraged but it is great that you have found all of these wonderful women to be a support group. There is nothing like being able to vent and listen to advice from others during such an emotional time. I have tried to talk to some of my friends but unless you are living through the TTC process, they just don't seem to get it.

Anyways - I just wanted to say welcome and try not to get down about it (although I should probably take my own advice sometimes). One day at a time :)

I would recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and start temping. The month that I started temping I got my bfp and it also gives you a better idea of what's going on. I was able to tell my doctor that my progesterone was low for pregnancy based on what my temperatures were doing after my bfp. I've just started temping again after losing that pregnancy and I hope it helps me get a bfp again. Temping will tell you when you've ovulated or even if you ovulate - it will let you know if your luteal phase is long enough for implantation to occur. Good luck hun!

I totally agree with you sometimes people will just never understand unless they are going through a similar situation and it feels great to have understanding and support from people :) I feel better than I have in a while after reading these posts and feel more confident than ever for all of us!

Thanks sweetness...I have never tried the temp thing but I may give that a shot...lol i feel silly but I don't quite understand all of that but also have not really done a lot of research on the temping bc I have heard some of the results can be erroneous. I am so sorry to hear about your loss and I can not imagine going through that...It breaks my heart to hear women going through that I work at a women and children's hospital and it is hard to see people upset with loss! Good luck to you :)

This is my first month tempting and I really recommend it. You should check out Fertility Friend for recording your temps/symptoms. A lot of the ladies on here use it and swear by it. If you click on the "my chart" link in my signature you can check out what mine has been looking like this cycle to give you an idea of how charting works. Fertility Friend also has an entire online course in charting that will teach you everything you need to know, plus tons of other built in resources. :) I recommend recording every little thing. The more you know the better! FX'd for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->