confused and worried

tmarie826

Reaction score
Went to the dr today he confirmed I was 6 weeks pregnant. I have been having some mild bleeding since Monday after intercourse along with some on and off very mild cramping. I only need to use a pantyliner and in fact the blood is only visible when I go to the bathroom. They did an u/s and it showed no fetus or sac. I am worried about a miscarriage or even an ectopic pregnancy. Has this happened to anyone else?

How did your doctor confirm you were 6 wks pregnant if no sac was found? Just by going off your LMP? Chances are you ovulated late and are perhaps not that far along, or it may not be a viable pregnancy if your having cramping and bleeding.
I did have a miscarriage before. I got a gush of brown blood a few days after getting my positive hpt. Had one speck of pinkish red blood mixed in with normal discharge. My hCg levels were checked and found to be low, 86, when I was supposed to be 5 wks along. They were concerned about ectopic. I had several ultrasounds and none revealed a gestational sac at all, just a thick lining in my uterus. I miscarried naturally at 6wks 4 days.
I was heartbroken but I did conceive my son right after that.
I really hope your just not as far along as you thought and that everything ends up OK.

many women spot during pregnancy and it's nothing to worry about. It sounds like you are having very little blood.

I'm confused how your doctor confirmed you at six weeks but didn't see a sac on an ultrasound. Was your ultrasound abdominal or vaginal? You wouldn't expect to see anything abdominally but by six weeks if you do a vaginal scan you usually see a yolk sac and a fetal pole.

Are they rescanning you soon? I hope you see a lovely baby starting to grow :flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->