Confused by first ultrasound..possible twin!?

MamaJennifer

Reaction score
My husband and I just had our fourth baby almost three months ago and became pregnant soon after. I went for my first ultrasound yesterday because I didn't have a LMP to go by so we needed to see how far along I am. The tech said I measures 5.6 weeks. 11 days earlier my hcg was 4,925. During the ultrasound I swore I saw something, and asked if there was only one baby. She was hesitant but said that it's hard to see a second baby until a certain point, but said at this point she sees one. It wasn't until I received the ultrasound picture that I became really confused, because she told me that the yolk sac was at the top next to what she identified as the baby.. Sooo....what is at on the bottom!? I've asked a few family members and they're seeing the same thing, so I know it's not just my imagination. Any opinions!? Trying to get a good handful of them do I can chill out :haha:

https://i57.tinypic.com/2i07yhf.jpg

I had an almost identical scan pic with last pregnancy at 5 weeks and if u look at the bottom piece u see and "connect" it with the top arch under the baby you will see it forms a circle...a see through bubble almost. This whole structure is the yolk sac.
Thats just my opinion going from my scans hun :)

I'd say not twins. That looks like what will become the umbilical cord

My guess is twins ;) will be stalking for updates!

To me that looks like the yolk sac (perfect circle starting at the top and going down all around the bottom) with the fetal pole top left. At this early stage in pregnancy the yolk sac is by far the biggest thing in the gestational sac. For identical twins, you'd need to see two yolk sacs. You never know though, they're so small at this stage, there could still be a twin hiding somewhere in there.

Hey,

I see one perfect fetal pole and one perfect round yolk sac :) imagine a diamond ring, diamond at the top :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->