Confused!Came off Pill early

tabbicles

Reaction score
I stopped taking the pill 3 days before the end of my pack. This was because I had got drunk and forgotten it and had Unprotected sex, a couple of days before then felt cramping etc.... plus we are starting to try NTNP, maybe trying after xmas for no.2. 3 days later thought I came on for 5 days as normal, which I guess my body saw as a withdrawal bleed then nothing since. Based on a 28 day cycle (when I was on the pill or not on the pill I was always regular)I am now 3-4 days late, did a test yesterday but neg. I last DTD only 7 days ago so I guess its possible I ovulated later in which case I either will get AF later or could have caught it then. Hope this all makes sense- just wondering if anyone else came off the pill early and of their experiences.:thumbup:

Hello! Getting off of birth control really messes with one's cycle.

I took my last bcp on Aug 23. On Aug. 26 I got my "scheduled" AF. On Oct. 8, six weeks later, I finally got a (real) AF. Here I am, yet again, waiting for AF to arrive. I am on CD 33 with no sign of AF coming anytime soon.

My Dr. told me to expect crazy cycles up to three months after bcp.

Anyways, I just thought I'd share my story with you. This limbo is no fun.

Did you start taking the pill again as normal 7 days after stopping?
Theoretically you won't have ovulated coming off the pill early, as it is more likely to just trigger your withdrawal bleed early (as it did with you) than trigger ovulation. Triggering ovulation is most likely if you miss it in the first 2 weeks after a withdrawal bleed, much like a normal cycle. Hope that makes sense.
Having said that of course, that is the normal response and you have never know how individuals will react, if you are late take a test, if thats negative it is must likely you have confused your hormone levels by changing the length of your cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->