Confused! Can't figure out what's going on.

Ashersmomma

Reaction score
Starting at about 9pm last night, I was having fairly regular contractions ranging between 7-10 minutes apart, and it kept up until about 11am this morning, when they started to become few and far between. But at that same time my lower back started aching constantly. At one point I started having cramps that lasted about 5 minutes with no break. About 10 minutes later I had more cramps and after a couple minutes had a strong urge to go the bathroom, which I did and had a loose bm. (Not sure if the cramps were because if that or if the the cramps caused it.)
I've had a couple contractions since but haven't been able to time them yet.
I am just so confused. I've never experienced labor before and have no idea if what I'm going through is labor or false labor, or just me losing my mind. I wish labor was a bit easier to figure out.

It could well be the early stages which can start and stop over several days. With my first I had irregular contractions for a couple of days and I also had a lot of back pain as she was back to back. Best of luck!

Agree with PP.

I was having contractions 5 mins apart for hours, in the end they would just fizzle to nothing. My dr explained it that it is just your body gearing up for the real thing! It's exhausting tho isn't it? An you get your hopes up everytime! Now I have period like cramps that come and go.

Hopefully it'll happen soon for us both!!

Thanks ladies. It's getting so old. I've been having contractions for the last week or so, but they have never gone on that long before. Usually just a few hours, and once they stop, that's it. No other pains. I'm to the point that I would just like it to stop. I was hoping she would come a little early, but now that I'm within days of my c-section, I just want to have the last few days to rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->