Confused..miscarriage or not?

C.Leann

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and welcome any feedback I can get. DH and I have been TTC for 6 mos. I am 37 and have one 18 year old son. The day AF was due I started spotting. This went on for 3 days. Then I started bleeding heavier with clots (sorry tmi). This went on for 2 days, but still was not as heavy as AF usually is. Then I went back to spotting for the next 6 days. On that day I called my ob/gyn and told her what was going on. She suggested I take a HPT, which was surpise BFP! Next day went for bloodwork and got a call saying I was miscarrying. :( but that they wanted me to come back in 48 hrs for more bloodwork. Today got a call saying my HCG more than doubled and while my progesterone is a little low, it looks like I may not be miscarrying! I am being put on (prometrium?) and having more bloodwork done in a week. I am trying not to get excited....anyone have a similar experience or know of any pregnancy that survived such heavy bleeding and constant spotting? Also, I am still slightly spotting (old blood) and have mild, low cramps and very bloated at 5 weeks 5 days pg. Input?

Didn't want to read and run. I don't have any answers. I'm hoping your blood work comes back with good news and your little bean is nice and sticky.

:hugs:

Wow, what a great surprise!! I'd say your HCG numbers tell the whole story, if they continue to multiply at the right rate, despite the bleeding, you're good to go. I've heard of women who claim they have regular period like bleeding throughout their entire pregnancy (hopefully won't be the case for you) so I guess it is possible to bleed and for the little bugger to stay stuck. Good luck! Please report back to let us know if it all works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->