Confused/question about cycles after BC

MrsTippett

TTC after loss
Reaction score
:shrug: OK. I started using Kariva birth control pills the 21st of July 2009 and stopped taking them the 6th of December 2009 (after finishing the entire packet). 31 days later on the 6th of January 2010, I get my period. Pretty normal. CD 15 I get a yucky, brown 'period' that starts out as med/light flow the first day, then just really light the rest. Thing is, my cycle before BC was around 32 days, so that first cycle was normal. For me to have another period 2 weeks after I started my last period is just weird. Does anyone have any info/advice? Did I just not ovulate and completely skip the follicular phase (after period, before ovulation)? What's going on? :confused:

Hm, hard to tell if you're not temp charting. It's not unheard of for cycles to take a while to get back to normal however. Could you be pregnant? Depending on how strong it was that could in theory have been implantation bleeding? I think it's more likely that it was just your first proper period though and that you either didn't ovulate or ovulated *very* early or, like you said, your follicular phase was very short. Might have been a combination of the latter two as well. I think there's nothing much you can do, apart from wait to see what the next few cycles are like and maybe start temp charting to determine whether you're ovulating?

Maybe you are pg? but it usually takes a few cycles to get back to normal after BCP. But you werent on it for very long at all so.. IDK! good luck figuring it out.. and let us know.. we are nosey:)

Oh that's fine! I don't mind nosey. I really don't think I'm pregnant because for one, I just think that 2 weeks is too short of a time in between periods to have a proper uterine lining build up. Second, the flow was medium the first day and light the other 3-4 days and was icky brown like it was leftover from my last period. Third, I'm not experiencing ANY symptoms. I still don't REALLY know what was going on, but I don't think I'm pg. Perhaps I really just never ovulated or something. I dunno, lol. If you guys think of anything though, give me a holler! =)

PS. Runnergrl, I use my phone for internet so unfortunately, I can't really chat/IM. I can get emails and stuff though. And what a beautiful photo! I love your bouquet! =)

PPS. I'm too lazy for charting, lol. Good suggestion though. =)

those were fake flowers, LOL!! That was my bridal portrait and I ended up using real flowers at the wedding. And I had the worst tan line on my arms from coaching Track outside in a T-shirt.. Pretty funny. I didnt notice it until we printed the photos.

Did you find anything else out about your periods being so close together? You are fine.. Just hope they get on track for you in the next month and 5 days:) good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->