Confused.. weird symptoms?

maia.r.

Reaction score
So here is my story:

My boyfriend and I didn't use protection and he thinks he came inside... I did feel it dripping out when I sat up. (sorry if tmi) /.\ . But it was a few days before my period was to start. So I thought we were okay. I assume that I ovulate the week after my period is over, two weeks before my next period since my period is very regular and is usually on time. So I assume that's when I'd ovulate... right?*

Then after that night I got my period like I was supposed to. But when it was over I started sneezing a lot. For three days just constant sneezing. Then I got really bad headaches and a fever and a runny nose and bad lower back pains. I honestly wasn't sure what it was. It wasn't a regular flu because I was also getting lower abdominal pain. It was just on my right side and then it radiated to the other side and around my hips and to my back. I've never had that kind of pain. It didnt hurt bad it was just there.

That was a week ago exactly. And I still have the really bad headaches that come and go but they come every day. I still have a very runny nose and now I've been feeling really bloated for 3 days. Everytime I eat something even if its small I feel like I ate too much. And I'm gassy and very moody.*

One strange thing I noticed was that yesterday I had soresness on my sides and lower abdomen. Like if I had done a bunch of situps the day before. And today theyre still sore. i clearly remember I didnt do any sort of activity that would make my abs sore.*

Anyway my next period isn't due for another two weeks exactly. And that unprotected BD was about 2 and a half weeks ago. Any advice please? I'd really appreciate it.***

Here are all the symptoms I have right now:

-major bloating (upper/lower abdomen)
-bad headaches*
-lower back pain*
-ab muscle soreness
-runny nose
-eating more (bloating makes me not want to eat sometimes)
-gassy
-emotional/moody
-fatigue
-body tiredness
-somewhat breast soreness that comes and goes.
-acne (I only get one zit before af comes) I have like 4 right now.

Thanks for reading

How many days long is your cycle, and what cycle day did you BD?

About 32 days long and we BD'd on cycle day 27..

Well, to start, you most likely don't ovulate the week after AF if your cycles are in the 30 day range. I would say its more likely that you ovulate week 3 of your cycle. But thats just a general assumption. For me personally, on a 35 day cycle, I ovulate on day 23. But thats just me, everyone is different. But in general, the longest time from ovulation to AF is something like 16 days.

Anyway, BDing 5 days before your period is pretty safe ground and the chances of you being pregnant are pretty slim in my opinion. :)

Your original post said you weren't due for two more weeks but BD was a week ago, but a 32-35 day cycle would put the BD 5-8 days before AF is due and would mean AF is due any day for you now. So I'm a little confused!

Dill I BD'd on cycle day 27 andmy period showed up on day 31. Ever since my period has ended which ended a week ago I've been getting all those weird symptoms and right now im on cycle day 16. So my next period should arrive in 2 weeks on cycle day 31/32 again... sorry if I'm confusing you! :o

Bee bee thanks for responding! :) I'm just confused as to why I'm getting these weird symptoms and my period isn't due for another two weeks.. but I hope youre right. We're not ready for a baby just yet... I wouldn't reject it if it happened though. I would welcome him/her with open arms :) so I should just wait it out then??

So you BD'd, had AF, and haven't BD'd since? If that's the case, I genuinely wouldn't worry about it. BDing a few days before AF and then having AF on schedule should mean you're totally in the clear. It sounds to me like you're just gearing up for a strong ovulation this month, and your hormones are acting up as a result. I had a BOATLOAD of symptoms I have literally only had when pregnant last month... and I was totally negative. It happens!

Thanks Dill! :) but we did Bd 2x since my period was over. Both times right after af was over... but we'll just wait and see.

Pretty sure youre right on the hormones acting up though its happened once before. I just get so paranoid!

That soon after the end of AF, you are PROBABLY safe, but it's worth remembering that sperm can survive up to a week. So it's possible, but highly improbable. If you still have 2 weeks to your next AF, then any egg, even if fertilized by week-old swimmers, still hasn't even implanted yet, and wouldn't be causing your symptoms. My strong suspicion is hormones acting up, even with the new info. :)

I wouldn't worry about it, but if AF does end up being late, take a test to be sure. And if you AREN'T hoping to become pregnant, start using some sort of preventative measures so you're not stressing about your :sex: timing anymore.

You're right I'm good the less I stress about it the better :) and I'm thinking about going on birth control.

I was really fond of my IUD (I had the Mirena). No pills to worry about every day, and still works if you're on antibiotics.

Anyway, good luck, and hope it works out for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->