• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Confused with cloth

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
Hey all :flower:

I love cloth diapering - I use the Kawaii brand covers and inserts. First question - I know the terms fitted/prefold etc but I use the microfiber/bamboo insert into the cover with a liner. Is that what my method is? The insert method? (Probably the stupidest question ever lol)

Next - anyone have any reccomendations for disposable/reusable liners? Im looking for some good ideas. They need to ship to Canada :)

Last - My OS covers didn't fit my baby till about 5 weeks. For my next baby one day - should I buy a few NB covers or just use organic disposable until then again? Is there a big difference in size? Thanks :)

It sounds like you're using pocket nappies? Nappies with a pocket to insert the boosters?

I used sized fitteds from about 5/6lb on my daughter. Bamboo size 1 fitted nappy with a size 0 wrap on top.

I use a mix of 2-parters (wrap with fitted bamboo nappy), pockets (I use hemp and bamboo boosters - microfibre causes too many compression leaks) and all-in-ones.

Yep, you're using pocket nappies, with inserts (microfibre) and boosters (bamboo).

With regards to reusable liners, I just used fleece. I cut up some fleece blankets into rectangles that fit inside the pocket nappy and that kept baby dry! I'm not sure about who ships where, but tiny nippers sell fleece liners for quite a good price :)

I can't really comment on fitteds/covers as I never used them with my first - didn't cloth nappy until he was 6months! But I plan on using disposables until this baby is big enough for my birth to potty pocket nappies and then using those full time from then on :thumbup:

I like Bumkins flushable liners, they're really soft and come folded in a box. They never hurt our plumbing and our house is old. They ship to the US, so I'll bet they ship to Canada too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->