Confused with OPK's please help me!

Polkadotpea

Reaction score
image.jpg

Hiya,

this is my first cycle ttc since coming off cerazette on 1st OCT 2013, I bought some cheapie OPK's as I've had no bleed yet, and when they arrived thought I'd try one, which is the top one in the picture taken on 12th October, I know this is negative but it's not far off, but I am wondering if I'd have test 1-2 days prior if I would have got a dark positive as on the 12th I had dull aching, cramps and twinges and EWCM so maybe I ov'd then? and since then the lines gradually got lighter.

I've taken more tests daily since these lot in the picture, and they went to stark white to very faint lines which they still are and a couple of stark white, but none the colour of the top ones in the photo I've attached.

What do you all think?

TIA X

Honestly i wouldn't start using those until you've had a first bleed, then start testing twice a day to three times a day starting on day 10 to begin with. None of those are positive, a positive is at least as dark as the control line

Also if you're on BC than testing would be pointless, so even if you missed ovulation you were on BC, so wait till the bleed and start fresh

Honestly i wouldn't start using those until you've had a first bleed, then start testing twice a day to three times a day starting on day 10 to begin with. None of those are positive, a positive is at least as dark as the control line

Some people wait months even years after coming off cerazette to have their first bleed, I'm not waiting that long to use an OPK. I know none are positive That's what I wrote above, I was asking what people though about 2 days before these tests as I had OV signs on the 12th.

Also if you're on BC than testing would be pointless, so even if you missed ovulation you were on BC, so wait till the bleed and start fresh

Yes I am fully aware it would be pointless testing whilst on BC as stated in my original post I came off BC on the 1st Oct and the first OPK was taken on the 12th Oct.

It's very possible that you may have ovulated just before those tests I'd pencil it in and test around 14 days after then, my friend fell pregnant taking that pill ( although she was very bad at taking it) the problem is you won't no for sure maybe just continue testing with the opks and see what happens good luck x

It's very possible that you may have ovulated just before those tests I'd pencil it in and test around 14 days after then, my friend fell pregnant taking that pill ( although she was very bad at taking it) the problem is you won't no for sure maybe just continue testing with the opks and see what happens good luck x

Hiya, thank you for the reply!

I've carried on testing with them and they faded to a stark white result and then they've fluctuated between the stark white and very very faint lines, no build up at all or any as dark as the ones pictured! Hmmm never has 14 days felt so long as on the TWW:coffee: haha

Thanks xx

I'm sort of in the same boat I had EWCM on cd7 so I took a opk and got a nearly positive and since then they have gotten lighter so I could possibly be in the TWW too it's all soooo confusing!!

Are you ttc no 4? I'm ttc no5!😃💗

Hiya, yes it's so confusing and frustrating! Yep # 4, either I'm brave or just crazy haven't decided yet :winkwink: haha last addition for us :thumbup:

Are you carrying on with the OPK's incase you do get a bright positive? How long have you been TTC # 5? X

Yeah I'm going to continue with them and bed everyday/every other day until either a bfp or af. We have been trying since the 19th August this is our 2nd cycle!

What do you have already? Xx

Got all bases covered then :thumbup:

1DS & 2DD, Just seen your ticker, your little man is outnumbered as well then :winkwink:

X

Out of no where in the last hour, My left Boob is now really sore, I have really bad lower back ache I don't usually get that? My tummy has been feeling bloated since last weekend but I've got a crampy tummy and lots of twinges and pinging going on down lower! I had tummy cramp and twinges last night too and when I wiped had the tiniest speck of red blood like the size of a full stop but nothing else since! Driving me crazy :dohh:

X

It sounds good but its hard not to get our hopes up hey! I've felt very bloated today and was having cramps earlier and my boobs were really hurting there not now tho just the odd twinge. It's so tricky isn't it because everything has the same symptoms!

It sounds good but its hard not to get our hopes up hey! I've felt very bloated today and was having cramps earlier and my boobs were really hurting there not now tho just the odd twinge. It's so tricky isn't it because everything has the same symptoms!

Apart from PMT whilst on cerazette I never know when my period is coming, don't ever get boob or back ache or the twinges down really low, just on odd occasions I've had a slight tummy ache!

Which is why I'm driving myself so insane lol :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->