confused

foxyroxie

Reaction score
My friend gave her little girl baby rice and shes5 days younger then Riley hes 11 weeks 2 moz is this way to early or okay Rileys my first and havrnt a clue

I would say its to young, her little girl tummy wouldn't be able to deal with it.

Up to parent though.

Too young, I defintely wouldnt do it before 17 weeks but I was just guide the baby and do it as close to 6 months as you can

my LO was given it from 10 weeks ish she loved it and has never looked back think it has a lot to do with how advanced the baby is and the weight of LO etc ??

all 3 of mine were eating earlier than recommended:dohh: must be like me and love food lol

my sister started her son on rice at 11 weeks because milk just wasnt satisfying enough for him. She just gives him 2 spoon fulls in the morning and 2 before bed. The health visitor said she goes by a rule of either 12 weeks or 12 lbs whichever comes first. He is a pretty big baby and according to HV he is 1 month ahead of himself anyway. Hope this helps

The health visitor said she goes by a rule of either 12 weeks or 12 lbs whichever comes first. He is a pretty big baby and according to HV he is 1 month ahead of himself anyway. Hope this helps

thats interesting. I started Oscar on some rice this week as he seems to want milk more often and is grumpy after a feed (acting like he wants more but not being able to drink it, then chomping on his dummy like he is starving). He weighs 15lb 8

How old is he? (sorry just saw your ticker eeek 12 weeks)

I dont think it would do him any harm. Its all down to how you feel giving him rice. If it makes him feel better so why not. As long as you dont over do it because their tummies are still really small.
My nephew is 14 weeks now and he weights 14 and a half pounds. Hes not fat hes just very long. We did double check with a doctor and she said go with the baby. They used to wean babies at 12 weeks before. You just have to make sure you get rice thats got no added sugar and salt etc. We tried him on a 1/4 of a small boiled potato mixed with his formula (just to make it smooth) and he loved it. He only needs a few mouthfuls it just makes him less restless.

I would talk to you HV first - you'll know if baby is ready! It is about when baby is ready imo not when the parent is! Caitlin dived into her foods just past 4 months it was a try situation had she not showed signs of interest or taken to it I would have stopped.

:D

i think ill wait till 4 months to start weaning him id rather put him on hungrier baby if need be dont want to hurt his tummy... i was eating a apple yesterday and he looked at me eyes goggling and started chomping on air bless him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->