Confusing OPK's

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
As this is my first time off BC & I am TTC, I have charted everything, including my OPK's since the day I had my implant removed. I have also been doing HPT's every other day from 2 weeks after the first time we BD'd after my implant was removed (just in case I somehow managed to conceive and not know it) All HPT's are from the same batch of IC's I bought & have been very obvious BFN's with grey evap lines if I leave them long enough

As you may know, I got a VFP on an (10mui/ml) IC HPT monday morning, (2nd pink line within time limit) yesterdays was ever so slightly clearer & this mornings is similar. I now also have a VFP on a less sensitive asda test (25mui/ml).

BUT....

I have carried on with the OPK's, mainly for my own interest/reference or just in case the HPT's were somehow falsely positive & I haven't even OV'd yet.

(I've done the FMU ones just as an added reference in the last few days, I normally do my OPK's late morning & tea time/evening)

Well, here are the opk's leading up to my VFP on a pregnancy test (22nd)

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/tests/IMG_1069-1.jpg

And here are my OPK's from later that day, yesterday & this morning, all pregnancy tests still showing VFP's.

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/tests/IMG_1105-1.jpg

As you will see, I had a true postive peak on 22nd & now they are negative again.

Any ideas why girls? I'm baffled.

I thought if my HPT's were faintly positive then the OPK's should be positive, as they cant tell the difference between HCG & LH?
My usual OPK lines are barely visible, apart from when I had a 12 hr positive peak 17 days ago.
Last night I was very quiet & almost AF crampy, I just wanted to go to bed, just like I was after the last peak. Feel OK this morning, back to the lighter tugging cramps I've had for 2 weeks.

Could I in any way have ovulated a second time in this weird cycle? Or does this mean I may have something wrong with me? I've taken my +HPT tests off FF just in case something else was turning them positive. :blush:

Have you tested with HPT today dan-o? thats the only way to answer your questions for sure, if so what was the result? perhaps try a different brand of test at this point to settle your mind? FX for you x

Thanks lola, what would you recommend as an 'expensive' brand to retest with?

I got one light but + HPT & one so light I'd class it as an -HPT/evap this morning. :(

Not sure which tests I would whole heartedly recommend, but I would say if you can afford it get one like a clear blue (I have always used non digi) I would defo say though that there are reports of false positives on these but then again I think they are very early detectors so maybe not really false positives? Other than those I would recommend tesco (and controversially adsa - again false positives mentioned but I have never had any problems with them). Some people like First Response but I must admit I dont like the thin lines so I wouldn't use them. Also heard that superdrug own brand early hpt is supposed to be good! cheap as well at around a fiver for 2.

Good luck hun x

I've done a couple more OPK's (got a big bagful here!) second lines barely there.

Is it possible my HPT's were picking up my LH surge and giving me a false pos? Also would having a migraine affect mondays results & give me a false positive? Looking back I had very concentrated pee that day, not to mention enduring a migraine with no tablets, thinking I was pregnant!!!

This not knowing is killing me, lol, I had just convinced myself I was pregnant after taking about a dozen IC HPT's all with pink lines, now it's looking more & more unlikely.

Oh dear:blush:

One good thing, we did bd on the peak OPK day/s so if it was really an LH surge we stand a chance of catching the egg...

I think you need to use an expensive HPT to confirm, but your temps look good for being PG they are triphasic!! Are there any other symptoms?

Yeah I have subtle symptoms, but all alien to me, light cramping since supposed ovulation 2 weeks ago, slightly darker nipples, boobs fuller (but not sore) increased discharge (sorry tmi) feeling tearful (very unlike me) odd bouts of feeling sick/slightly woozy & im in bed snuggled up by 9 every night at the mo!!

My chart did look to add up nicely until I sabotaged it earlier & dicarded half the temps (lol) I was just trying to get a second date for ovulation.

I had what could have been implantation bleeding at the right time too (ultra light spotting) if you look.
It all ads up except the tests :(

I think I might ban myself from POAS tomorrow & try again on friday, I've bought a digi just incase I get a decent line on a regular test :)

xx

Todays OPK's

https://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k240/DANIELLA77/tests/IMG_1181-1.jpg

I'm deffo going to ignore the pink lines on the HPT's, they must have been picking up my LH peak somehow. Thank goodness we were frisky when I peaked, I'm still in with a chance this cycle :)

OK so those OPKs are neg today. But might be stronger this afternoon.

But besides all that....FF still hasn't confirmed your new OV date...it still says you are 16DPO.

I would try 1 CB HPT and if that's neg, then override your FF to show your new OV date.

FF chart now overridden, so I can keep an eye ;)

I'm so gutted, but there is still a chance either way, so I must think positive :)

Gosh Dan-O you have a very long cycle....but at least it is showing signs now of ovulation and you can look forward to testing in a week's time!!

FX for you! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->