Congenital Vertical Talus

mommyoftwo84

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My son was born with a twisted foot. I was told it was due to him having it stuck under my rib during pregnanacy and it was going to be a simple fix. They did xrays at the local hospital and we were discharged after being told that when he was 3 months he would be sent to the childrens hospital for a small cast and then everything would be fine. Well we had our 3 mth consult yesterday and I was told he has a rare condition called Congenital Vertical Talus. It happens to about one out of 10,000 births. Basically its like a reverse clubfoot. So now he has to wear a cast for the next 6 wks, getting a new one every week. Then surgery followed by braces for atleast 2 years. I know it could be worse, it always could be. but i am just frustrated that the local hospital let it go and overwhelmed since I thought it was nothing serious. Thanks for reading my rant, is there anyone on here with experience?

Not sure if I am permitted to post a link but there is a wonderful Vertical Talus support group on Facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->