Congestion & Bloody Nose

Jackers0825

Mom of 1; PG w/ #2
Reaction score
Anyone else having severe congestion accompanied with bloody noses? For me it seems to be 100x worse at night when I'm laying down. I have this tremendous pressure in my face, can't breathe through my nose, and when I blow my nose, lots of blood comes out and it doesn't even relieve the congestion half the time. The pressure only alleviates when I sit up.

If you have this too, what helps with it? I can't sleep sitting up so that's kind of out of the question lol

I can relate to the blood and congestion it feels like an elephant has been shoved up my nose. I now use a warm mist vaporizer in my bedroom by my face at night it helps a bit along with vicks vapor steam. Its no cure but is a bit of relief.

That sounds horrible. I just have a slight stuffy nose but I can breathe out of it so it's not bad. But when I was sick, I put Vicks on my feet at night with cotton socks on. And also saline nose spray works pretty well also.

My sinuses have been blocked for about six weeks now. Argh! I have a thyme bath oil that helps for a bit but nothing else seems to work. Watching this thread for suggestions...

Have a read about pregnancy rhinitis. I too have had horrid congestion and sinusitis for about 6 weeks. It is only just starting to ease now. The most helpful remedy was a nasal flush - you can buy a pack at a pharmacy or just make up your own salt water and then using a medicine syringe, flush out each side of your nose so that the liquid goes all the way up one side and out the other, it is not a nice sensation but Igor desperate and it really is the only thing that worked. Also I have totally cut out dairy as I think this was having a huge impact too. That was also hard as during my weeks of bad MS, all I could stomach was strawberry milk! I really do sympathize. It's so uncomfortable and starts to take its toll after a while!

Yep same here. I've had a bloody nose since before bfp which is how I knew I was pregnant as I am always the same when I'm expecting!

Congestion only.been an issue for the last few weeks bit thinks it related to getting a cold!

I second the nasal flush! I had sinusitis earlier in the year for 3 months. Nothing would shift if, tried antibiotics and all the usual decongestants (I wasn't pregnant at the time). I finally tried a nasal flush and it finally started to ease up! Instant relief for a few hours afterwards and symptoms finally gone about a week later! You can get them from chemists, supermarket pharmacy sections or shops like Boots in the U.K.

I get nose bleeds and congestion with every pregnancy. I have a furnace humidifier, 2 large humidifiers and one smaller one next to my bed. As well I use a netti pot to rinse my sinuses with saline solution. My GP said that the warmer you are the more blocked your nose will be. Stay cool, use an ice pack before bed or even a baby aspirin will help thin the blood and get things moving. Saline spray during the night can help too but it can be really drying which will make your nose bleed more. Make your own adding in baking soda (there are loads of recipes on google). Baking soda will help keep your nose from bleeding keep it moist. We are using it on DD right now as she's sick. Vital for infants since you can't give them anything!

ARGH! I have had this for 2 weeks and as of Sunday my sinus's are so bad my right eye is puffy and tender and my teeth are starting to hurt. I can not look down as the pressure in my face is too much to bare. I have tried saline solution, vicks, antibiotics and nothing is touching it. It hurts to lay down.
Following for any other suggestions....

ARGH! I have had this for 2 weeks and as of Sunday my sinus's are so bad my right eye is puffy and tender and my teeth are starting to hurt. I can not look down as the pressure in my face is too much to bare. I have tried saline solution, vicks, antibiotics and nothing is touching it. It hurts to lay down.

Have you seen the dr? Almost sounds more like a sinus infection!

Have you seen the dr? Almost sounds more like a sinus infection!

I am already on antibiotics for prevention of preterm labour so the doctor said if it was a sinus infection the antibiotics should clear it up but so far NOTHING!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->