connecta integra or ergo carrier?

Bex84

Reaction score
I have used an ergo in the past and liked it. I am currently deciding on what to buy for number 2. I baby carried a lot with my dd and plan to again with son. I was wondering if anyone had used the connecta integra and how it compares to ergo. Thanks in advance

Connectas are very different to Ergos but are also good carriers, it just depends on what you are looking for and what suits you. Connectas are much less structured, they have no padding on the waist and less on the shoulders than most other SSC's, they are generally more comfortable with the straps crossed on the back unlike the Ergo where you usually keep the straps rucksack style. They also fold up incredibly small so are easy to transport around.

Whereabouts are you based? Your best bet would be to get yourself to a sling library or have a consultation with a babywearing consultant to find what's best for you.

im in Suffolk but the nearest sling and carrier group I know about isn't easy travelling distance as don't drive (I got invited as I was baby wearing and some people invited while I was shopping) I used ergo for my daughter and I do like them but didn't use it with her as a newborn so not sure what they are like for that. I think she was about 3 months when I used carrier a lot more. I have tried mei tei carrier from my friend and that did my back in after a while. I want a good one for new born and not sure if its better just to go with ergo again and pay extra or try connecta, or if any one has any other suggestions. I know the ergo was good when I wanted to breast feed and I plan to breast feed again. I used my carrier up till when lo was around 2 and then she wanted to walk more. I so much prefer to push chair and my daughter was always happier. As I haven't tried many other than ones mentioned I just really want opinions. Does the connecta hurt your back, I know with the ergo I was fine with dd until she was a toddler and quite heavy infact was great if walked down to park and she got tiered I just stuck her in carrier. There doesent seem to be anything local for slings around here unfortunately

That's a shame, we need more sling libraries around! The Connecta shouldn't hurt your back if it's on correctly and it is possible to use them from newborn by cinching the base in with the chest strap. If you want something to tide you over until the Ergo fits baby you could either get the Ergo newborn insert or maybe think about something like a stretch wrap. Completely different from a buckle carrier but great for little babies and once you've got it tied on you can just pop baby in and out as needed.

Im happy to give any a try to be honest. I loved baby wearing with my little girl. I had some odd looks as most people don't baby wear around here, come to that I had comments due to I breast fed lol (seems most of the other mums I know around here found me odd I I bf, baby wore and co slept lol). I wish there were some sling library's about, but there isn't even good local support for bf so think its to much to hope lol. Which is your favourite carrier

It's a shame you don't have much support near you, perhaps you can convert a few others ;) Personally I use woven wraps, they are incredibly versatile and flexible but can be a bit more of a faff so it does really depend on what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->