Connor Dariusz born 7/12/08

nickyb

Reaction score
ALIM8996.jpg

ALIM8971.jpg

hi ladies sorry its late! i phoned labour ward on the sunday morning to make sure they had a bed, good news so went in at 9am.
we waited till about 1pm for labour ward to be ready then went up, because i was already 3 cm they tried to break my waters straight away without the pesaries but said theyd start the drip if i hadnt progressed in two hours, it bloody hurt cos they couldnt break the sack easily so the midwife called the registrar to do it as she was concerned, they gave me a quick scan to check there was nothing in the way which was great cos i got to see my baby in my belly for the last time! the registrar took over and attempted to break the sack oh my god it hurt!! the woman was brutal she was yanking and yanking,eventually it broke and surprisingly there was hardly any water at all!

that was at 1.30, the midwife said go for a walk and we'l start the drip in two hours!! well im glad we didnt go for a walk cos in 30 mins the contractions were coming every 3 mins and very strong , i dont think the midwife believed me till i said i can feel pressure in my bum! so she had a look and said oh gosh your 7 cm already what pain relief do u want?!!
i was thrilled id got to seven without pain relief considering i wanted a epidural all along lol
so i had some diamorphine which was great!!! it really helped the pain and gave me the giggles!
which my other half recorded on camera argghhh!!
after a bit i needed to push that bit seemed to go on for an eternity but actually it wasnt! gorgeous Connor was born at 4.35pm they put him straight on me he was so tiny i cant believe the midwifes all said i was having a whopper they were totally wrong! he was 7lb 2oz :happydance:
my labour took 3 hours no stitches or tears!
and other half is still floating on cloud 9 lol we are so totally in love with our little man cub!
i messed up with the pics so i hope they have attatched! we also changed his middle name as o/h wanted him named after him!

oh babmikate we were next to each other on john macphearson ward i was on the bed near the window lol i thought it might be u when i heard u talking to the midwife but i thought in case its not i wont go over and say are u babmbi kate! lol :hug::hug:

congrats honey he is gorgeous!!!! OMG I can't believe we were in the same ward! How funny! Awww you shud have said hi would have been lovely to meet you! There was a girl called Vicky opposite you too? What a small world! Wow. How did you find the john mcpherson staff? x x

congrats honey he is gorgeous!!!! OMG I can't believe we were in the same ward! How funny! Awww you shud have said hi would have been lovely to meet you! There was a girl called Vicky opposite you too? What a small world! Wow. How did you find the john mcpherson staff? x x

i know its weird isnt it lol
i wasnt sure it was u hun and i thought if its not people will think im a stalker or something, i only knew for sure when i came back on here and saw youd had your baby too lol, but i should have guessed cos i remember thinking how pretty you looked lol

the ward was ok they were all friendly and my midwife michelle was lovely so over all it was great, how did you find it hun? :hug:

i know its weird isnt it lol
i wasnt sure it was u hun and i thought if its not people will think im a stalker or something, i only knew for sure when i came back on here and saw youd had your baby too lol, but i should have guessed cos i remember thinking how pretty you looked lol

the ward was ok they were all friendly and my midwife michelle was lovely so over all it was great, how did you find it hun? :hug:

Awww bless you! Thanks hun! I thought the labour and delivery ward staff were absolutely brilliant my midwife was called Lyn. Didn't have to stay in the ward long so didn't get to know the staff very well - had her in the morning and went home later the same day! Very impressed with the whole thing though and the m/w visits at home etc too! Still can't believe what a small world it is :D x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->