considering a water birth (at hospital, if pool is available)

GemmaLeanne

Mummy to Kacie & Abbie :)
Reaction score
i know its early days but i really want to consider all my options, with DD i was clueless and kinda just got thrown into labour clueless :haha: ended up with an epidural because of my daughters position and my low pain tollerance and lack of sleep.

anyway id like to avoid epidural and my midwife said to consider a water birth. oppinions pleassee? :flower:

is water really a good source of pain relief?

and at hospital would OH be allowed in the birthing pool? (to sit behind me) as i know with home births its possible but cant find any info on it for hospital water births x

thankyou in advance!

at my hospital they didnt allow OH's in the birth pool but gave him a chair and he sat on behind me on the outside of the pool and could support me with his arms if i wanted ( i didnt want to be touched in the end ) You would have to ask your hospital what their policy is or perhaps find an independant birth centre which might be more relaxed
i personally find water a great pain relief and it helps me relax and focus my energies on the right things.

My OH came in the pool with me. He stayed in the pool until they emptied it and then he had a shower. He wore his swimming shorts :flower:

It was the best experience I have ever had. I completely freaked out with my first one but I was so calm with my second and the best advice I can give is not to be scared and let your body do what its made for :flower: I would so do it again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->