considering my past hospital stay.....

kellze

Reaction score
With my previous two babies, I have had to stay in hospital for 3 days each time. Mostly because I had a catheter and couldn't pee.

With that in mind, I am packing my hospital bag now. Should I go for a full 3 day pack or go for two bags. One for immediately needed stuff and one for hubby to bring in if needed?

Only stayed 2 nights last time but I packed for 4 nights "just in case". If you have space I say why not just pack extra.

I always say over packing is better than under packing! As a FTM I only packed for a couple days and dh thought it was unnecessary for him to bring a bag. Turns out I was in labor for 3 days and then had to stay an extra 3 days after a c-section so I completely regret not having enough!

I wouldn't worry about overpacking, it will make you feel better if you're more prepared. I packed for three days last time because I was being induced but I ended up being in hospital for a week because it took so long and ended in c section. I was having to ask my mum to bring underwear up for me and clothes for the baby because he was sick or peed over so many clothes I completely ran out.

Even though I'm hoping for a vbac this time I'm still packing for three days for me and I have 6 outfits for the baby, I also have extra underwear just in case. I would have used the same bag anyway so it doesn't matter that it has a few extra clothes in there.

I packed for 3 days with my first and ended up in the hospital for a week because he had jaundice and needed to be under the lights. Dh had to go buy some extra clothes for me because the hospital is 2 hours from our house.

I think this time I will do like you said and have two bags packed. One for a few days and one with some extras just in case. I really hope we don't have to spend that much time in the hospital again!

I will have to pack bags for dh and the kiddo too because they'll be in town for however long I am too. So much packing... Haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->