Constant backache, just a pregnancy symptom, or something starting?

MoonLove

Reaction score
I just wonder if this is just a 'i'm heavily pregnant and uncomortable' sign, or the start of something. I have had backache since Sunday aft, it was on and off until yesterday afternoon and it's been constant since then.

I woke with an upset tummy, my bowel movements have been absolutely fine and normal all up to this point, but this morning i was uncomfortable and had not such nice poops. Even after poops, i had a great deal of discomfort in my tummy, lots of pressure that wasn't relieved.

I struggled greatly walking back from my LOs nursery today, and it's a two minute walk (if that). My back was hurting so much.

I have come home and sat on my birthing ball but ouch ouch it aches.

Nothing in the way of contractions, braxton hicks like normal and baby lots of strong movements.

I didn't have backache really at all in my first pregnancy so i don't know whether to get excited and hopeful that this could be a sign that something is starting!

It could be! If it gets too intense, I would definitely call your Dr. When I was induced using cervidil with my son, the first thing to happen for me was intense back pain--ALL NIGHT LONG--until they gave me the pictocin. That back pain was killer. I feel for you, and hope my little girl doesn't give me a repeat.

Has baby dropped maybe? When my baby is low I get a lot of back pains but then he swims upwards again and the pains ease up. He was engaged when I had the worse episodes of pain but now I'm certain he's disengaged and went up to my ribs now. I'm about 10 weeks behind though so my experience isn't necessarily relevant. Both pregnancies have caused a lot of back and pelvic girdle pains.

I've been having on and off low back pain for about a week and a half. ItS becoming more frequent and more painful. At first it would just hit out of no where and then go away. Kind of coming and going in waves. Now it happens more often, and for longer periods of time, but I've been taking Tylenol when it gets bad also, so I guess it could be constant now and I just am unaware BC the Tylenol is getting rid of the pain for the most part. Im 36.4, and dilated to 1 the last time they checked, but no labour yet. Ob says I am in the very early stages of prelabor....so I guess I was just letting you know that you're at least not the only one experiencing this. But I also agree with a pop in thinking that its related to the position/engagement of LO....it seems like mine is at least, most of the time...

My whole labour I had intense back pain as I had back to back labour. When the pain in your bsck comes you should get a hard stomach too if it is the start of labour. Although I did have period like pains and back ache for 24 hours leading up to actual labour. Good luck x

Ahhh it keeps stopping!! When it comes on, it hurts so much ow ow but it just doesn't seem to be starting anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->