Constant headache, visual disturbances but normal BP ?

brooklinn

Reaction score
I was at the doctor on Tuesday and my blood pressure was normal. It's been normal my entire pregnancy. But for the last week or so I've been waking up with a headache and it doesn't go away. I take Tylenol and it does nothing. Now my vision keeps blurring and I see those floater things. It's like I can't hardly focus on anything. I let my doctor know about the headaches at my appointment and she didn't seem concerned because my blood pressure has been perfect.

Should I call and tell them about the headaches plus the visual disturbances? Or is it only a concern if my blood pressure is high?

I haven't had any headaches but have had countless vision disturbances, including the floaters at least once a day, doubled vision, and trouble focusing. I called about the double vision and they checked my BP and told me it was more than likely a blood sugar thing and to eat more frequent small meals. Does nothing.

I'd call just to be safe. I forget to ask about things when I go in sometimes and have been meaning to bring it up again but of course, I don't.

I'd contact your doctor, have they checked your urine for protein?

Id also call.

Personally I have migraines a lot during pregnancy and they're accompanied by floaters and light sensitivity. I did get migraines prior to pregnancy but they didn't occur as much.

In my case nothing bad came out of it last time and this time so far so good. But I've previously had lasek eye surgery and already more prone to seeing floaters.

I called and they didn't seem worried about it. Said to take some Tylenol and rest. I took the tylenol and it hasn't really worked. My urine hasn't had any proteins in it either.

I know dehydration can cause headaches but I've drank almost 100 fl oz today so I highly doubt I'm dehydrated.

Yes!!!! Omg thank you so much for posting this... It's had me going crazy. I had preeclampsia with my first and this time my headaches are horrendous, visual disturbances and floaters are awful. It's had the Drs perplexed for weeks. My np is beautiful this time averaging around 120/70 and there's been no protein in my urine yet my headaches are horrendous. Paracetamol is not touching it either.
On Monday the hospital tried to admit me for a week as they wanted to give me an MRI which I point blank refused due to radiation levels to baby.
The midwife has suggested an upto date eye test and dental check up.
It's infuriating though so I totally feel your pain.

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->