Constant menstrual-like cramps since Friday!

MommyMika

Reaction score
So I've been having constant menstrual-like cramps and tightenings since Friday... I can't time them or anything, they're just constant...

I called my midwife Saturday night, and she told me it was braxton hicks. She wasn't worried since the baby is active, I only have white discharge, etc.

She told me to take 2 Tylenol and if they didn't go away in 1-2 hours to call her back... well, this was 10pm at night and I ended up falling asleep, so I never did call her back.

I slept tonnes on Sunday, but they were still constant... I took 2 Tylenol's at 3:30am (it's 5:30am here now) and I'm wide awake... still feeling like it's my damn period :(

I feel like I'm going insane!!!!!

I'm going to call her in a few hours, I don't want to wake her up over BH's...

Anyone else had this?!?! It's not overly painful, just so constant that it's ridiculously frustrating :(

I have had loads of BHs along with discomfort low down for a few days. I think my body is just trying to get bubs in the right position.....he has moved round within this time and I guess there will be a bit more discomfort if the head engages. I have been told it may not engage until right at the last minute as this is my second. I can't remember what it was like with my first as it was about ten years ago.
Midwife just told me that as long as I continue to get movement and no other signs (eg show/waters/worsening pains) not to worry.
However if you are worried, call, that is what they are paid for.

OOOOHHH just noticed we are due the same day.

Hiya

I've been the same since Friday night. I had never experienced BH'S, so phoned the MW who told me to monitor them. Well saturday and sunday the pain was much worse but not with the contractions..

Last night I spoke to the local gp at our walk in centre and he wanted me to go up to the hospital to be monitored.. I refused as I dont want to spend a night in hospital if not needed.

I actually think my baby has turned and is stretching me low down now. The pain is shooting pains on each side and in my uterus - and a deep period type pain across my lower stomach, I have been sick with it also.

I am giving it today and if no improvement I'm going to the hospital.

Ive had it since last Monday so a week now, the hospital just said its my body gearing up for the birth xx

Ive been having this for a few weeks now :cry: so fed up of it!

Its worse if I go for a walk, drive long distances and is most afternoons/evenings although is starting to happen during the morning too (just starting to get the tightenings now!)

I dont bother taking anything for it as its more uncomfortable than painful - just feel like I am having 9 months of periods all at once but without any bleeding or anything...:wacko: Have mentioned it in passing to my mw but as she didnt bat an eyelid I didnt worry about it - she did however say it will help when it comes to contractions as I ca practise breathing etc! (that bits probably a lie but I hang on to it!)

Ive had this for over a week now. Ive been checked and its just the baby moving down x

Hi ladies, I know this is an old post but I was wondering how everything went? I'm 29 weeks two days ago and ever since (2days now) I've had constant mild period like cramps. No relief if I move or drink water or anything. Baby has been super active too and I've had a lost of appetite, in fact ive lost 4lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->