Constant spotting for past 2 weeks. Normal ultrasound

Apprehensive3

Reaction score
I'm 8w2d today and have been having brown spotting and mild pinching pain on and off for the last 2 weeks.
I have had 2 ultrasounds which both showed a strong heartbeat and bub measuring perfectly for age but am still panicking after a mmc with very similar symptoms earlier this year.

Does anyone have positive stories of brown spotting for weeks in first trimester? Finding this very emotionally taxing 😥

:hugs: and welcome to BabyandBump!

Bleeding of any kind as you know can be a concern but it can also be normal. I spotted in pregnancy and I've known girls to bleed heavy and their pregnancies were just fine. Bleeding doesn't always mean the worst and I definitely understand where you are mentally!

Have you another scan booked in?

Thanks for the reply 😊
I know I keep trying to tell myself that it works out for plenty of people but it seems like there's a bad story for every good one.

Am having weekly scans at the moment and next one is this morning so fingers crossed all is still ok.

Fingers crossed for your scan!

I spotted brown for just over a week between 5+6 weeks, then again at 9 weeks. Baby is fine, but I understand your worry. When I spotted at 9 weeks it was quite a bit all of a sudden and I was convinced I'd lost the baby, but it eventually went away and we were able to hear a nice heartbeat.

Really hope your spotting stops soon!!

Thanks for all your well wishes! The scan went well. Still measuring perfectly for dates with 176hb but they did find a small bleed which is the cause of the spotting.
The obstetrician and midwife didn't seem at all concerned so I am trying to stay calm and optimistic 😊.
I have another scan booked in a fortnight

Wonderful news about your scan!!! I spotted through all of my first trimesters. All healthy babies and perfect pregnancies. I hope yours is just as perfect. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->