Constipated little Boo, tried everything, HELP!!!

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
I've been looking through old threads to find anything else I can try.

Daisy has been constipated for 2 days, she is still pooing so I am not too concerned but she is struggling and cries when she is doing it.

So far we have tried......

Fresh Orange Juice
grapes, red & green
plums
kiwi (usually gives her yucky nappies!)
fresh white grape juice
water (hates it! But she does drink loads of bath water!)
fresh mandarins
fresh rasberries (not too keen!)
fresh peas & carrots for dinner tonight.
prune juice (wouldnt drink it!, really dont blame her!)

MIL has suggested demerara sugar in water, i am not hugely keen on giving her sugary water so was wondering if anyone else some ideas?

My doc has us give Charlotte Pear Juice when she's constipated...takes a few hours but WORKS! Good luck!

Hi im having the same problem with Toby at the moment so I will keep an eye on this thread and bump it up. he he xx

I make my own recipe which works really well. Pureed prunes, pear and apricot. (tastes yummy too) xx

A friend told me that she boils prunes with water and adds formula when she is to drink milk.

I've heard a warm bath can help, and maybe a tummy massage?

Did you ever do baby massage? They have some great moves to relieve the bowels. Sorry, no other advice I'm afraid! I hope she manages to go soon!!

I just remembered that some people I know use warm olive oil and massage his lower tummy to stimulate bowel movement.

You could try massaging her feet reflexolgy it works for Ellie when shes been bunged up.

Thanks girls, will try new foods, i have been massaging her tummy and feet, a technique my MW showed me, i think that is what is keeping her going.
just need to try and soften her stools now so it is easier for her to go!

Thanks for all advice! :hugs:

Hey my sons only 7 week old so Iv not tried it for myself..but my frend puts half a white choc button under her bbys tongue wen hes constipated nd she sed it works..and she lies him on his changin mat with no clothes on nd put a warm flannel across his belly..which workd with my LO
x

we think we've discovered lettin DD suck on a fresh pinapple chunk worked. we're still in process of figurin it out tho. we've also given fresh orange juice mixed to ten parts water but it's hard to give my daughter liquid coz she strugglin with the cup concept.

in baby massage class we were taught to do small circles with two fingers on the left hand side of baby tummy over a larger circle area. does that make sense? x

i found a warm bath and tummy massage helped loads! so much so she poo'd in the bath...

we think we've discovered lettin DD suck on a fresh pinapple chunk worked. we're still in process of figurin it out tho. we've also given fresh orange juice mixed to ten parts water but it's hard to give my daughter liquid coz she strugglin with the cup concept.

in baby massage class we were taught to do small circles with two fingers on the left hand side of baby tummy over a larger circle area. does that make sense? x

yep makes total sense hun thanks! I think thats the one I have been doing that my MW taught me.

Meant to add pineapple to my list! She had some yesterday!

I am now waiting for a huge explosive nappy after all the fruit she has eaten!!

i found a warm bath and tummy massage helped loads! so much so she poo'd in the bath...

I am sure this is what has kept her going, just need it to be easier for her now! i feel sooooo sorry for her!

the only other thing i can think of that helped my LO is lactolose, it just softens things up a bit. you can buy it over the counter but you might want to ask the doctor? we only resorted to it coz mill's was in a lot of pain, really pushing and making her face bright red. gave ger 2.5mls for 2 days x

the only other thing i can think of that helped my LO is lactolose, it just softens things up a bit. you can buy it over the counter but you might want to ask the doctor? we only resorted to it coz mill's was in a lot of pain, really pushing and making her face bright red. gave ger 2.5mls for 2 days x

oh, and we'd tried everything as you have and nothing worked and my daughters brestfed aswell!

Did you ever do baby massage? They have some great moves to relieve the bowels. Sorry, no other advice I'm afraid! I hope she manages to go soon!!

Hi we go to baby massage every week and I have tried the circular massage on his tummy but no luck so far!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->