Constipated now introducing solids, is that normal?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this problem? I have only started introducing solids a few days ago and now he seems a little constipated...is this normal?

Hes only tried veg purees...x

I believe so yes any changes of food can cause a little constipation :D

Try a bit of gripe water x

I thought I read somewhere (don't quote me on it, I'm not at this stage yet) that when you start them on solids you should give them 2oz of cooled, boiled water a day to help the food move through their digestive systems. But I could be wrong.

The more water you can give them the easier it will be for them to digest solids. But if you are just starting out with the solids, their poops so change and find a new pattern - so it may be a day or so before they do go. It doesnt necessary mean they are glogged up tho. If after a few days he has still not gone, try him on fruit juice like apples or even prune juice!

Hi hope ur baby has pooped by now but i have been using HIPP jars allweek with my LO and she has pood more, she used to only just poo once a day now its 2-3 times a day...try fruit...fibre in fruit!! :) Jen loves banana!!

I had that problem too , but like emma said water and fruit juices help allot

Sometimes with solids introduction the liquid intake drops so be careful with that. Add more water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->