Constipated

clb1982

Reaction score
Hi girls

Just need some advice.

Im currently not eating much or drinking much as i cant stomach it, however i am eating little and often.

But without being crude i don't seem to be able to poo very well and when i do hardly anything comes out. So i guess im constipated :blush:

Its starting to worry me a little now and don't know what to do or take to relieve it.

Any suggestions or any of you suffering/suffered the same????

Thanks

It´s very normal, unfortunately. I suffered with my last pregnancy and I know it can be a nightmare!! My midwife just suggested a high fibre diet, if you can keep anything down

Im not throwing up as yet but i struggle with the thought and smell of feed alot of the time.

I think i might buy some bread thats high in fiber and some bran flakes or something.

Thanks for the advice :hugs:

I still suffer with it and its a nightmare, just try and drink more water if possible

i do suffer from it a lot, its horrible! As i want to digest everything i eat well...

constipation is pretty normal in pregnancy. Try to increase your water intake and possibly your fiber. I am having the same problem right now as well. Thumbs down to the constipation!

I suffered from constipation for almost 3 months. I think it finally went away after I was well in the second tri.
Fibre rich food, metamucil, coffee sometimes. It is the worst. If all else fails, then you can take milk of magnesia ( a pregnancy safe laxative).

I just started drinking a ton of water and eating bran cereal for breakfast and afternoon snack or dessert... I really like bran cereal fortunately :) Good Luck.

I suffered from constipation for almost 3 months. I think it finally went away after I was well in the second tri.
Fibre rich food, metamucil, coffee sometimes. It is the worst. If all else fails, then you can take milk of magnesia ( a pregnancy safe laxative).

o gosh milk of magnesia brings back nightmares from my childhood :cry:

Thanks for your your advice girls.

I will up my water intake and purchase some high fiber cereal today.

Managed to go a bit this morning though, if you know what i mean :blush:

Digestion slows right down in pregnancy to allow you body to absorb as much goodness from your food that it can, for the bubs. However, this does unfortunately result in constipation !!
Bran flakes are really good, weetabix tended to give me heartburn, followed by a cup of coffee. Always works for me....Plus drink lots and lots of fruit juice.....good for bubs too....
Hope you feel better soon...
oh..and walking's good too
:headspin:

I feel exactly the same. I am so constipated. Its awful. last night was just the worst. I couldn't really eat my dinner and felt like i was going to be sick all night. and to top it off i couldn't really poo!! (sorry TMI) :blush:

ladymilly

I feel just the same as you lol.

Well ive had some weetabix this morning and im just about to add a drip to my arm to feed me with water all day :rofl:

seriously though i struggle with drinking more then eating at the mo.

Well i hop it eases up for you soon x

:hugs: I hope it eases for both us. Its awful isn't it. I never thought of weetabix so I will have some of them later and hopefully that will work. I'm afraid to eat after the way I felt after my dinner last night. I had my favourite, a roast, which I never say no to and I could only eat a small amount. even OH was surprised :rofl:
hopefully this won't last much longer for us xxxxxxxx

I had it badly in the early weeks. It went away again for a while but for about a month now I've had it badly again. What comes out never is close to the quantity that has gone in!

Milk of magnesia is a good short term fix but you're not meant to use it too much. There are fibre drinks your doctor can give you which will help long term.

Sadly ive joined the same club i havent been sick yet but i cant seem to eat a full meal its like any bit of food i eat is just sitting on my stomach for days im trying to eat alot of fibre and drink loads of water but its not helping that much maybe i just need a curry or 2

take care

I suffer from constipation too, I used to be very regular and go at least three times a day lol, now its only one or some days not at all :(

i have it too, not discovered mornin sickness yet... thank god.
i cant face food at the mo though ill eat a little of something then decide it tastes horrible and push it away.
so annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->