Constipation !!

lindak

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Zac is 22 weeks old and has been exclusively breastfed until 2 weeks ago when I started him on solids. I have been reading the annabel karmel book and following her plan. The First week he was having one meal a day and the second 2 meals. Last week Zac didnt poo for the whole week until sunday night when he was screaming and pushing and the movement was quite solid, and then again yesterday he was screaming again. The only foods he has had is baby rice, banana, apple, carrot, sweet potatoe, and butternut squash. A couple of mornings in a row he has had some banana mixed with baby rice ? I am wondering is this a little heavy for him . And has anyone any advice so that this doesnt happen , should I stop with solids ?

Any advice would be great , Thanks x

Are you offering a drink with his meals. Earl has water offered with his 2 meals a day in a sippy cup. I think I've read that BF babies should be offered a feed before and after food to allow them to drink. Not sure as Earl can get a touch blocked up but a little water works wonders.

Awww poor baby and poor you.Banana can make them constipated so maybe try to cut down on banana?
Best of luck!
x

Are you offering a drink with his meals. Earl has water offered with his 2 meals a day in a sippy cup. I think I've read that BF babies should be offered a feed before and after food to allow them to drink. Not sure as Earl can get a touch blocked up but a little water works wonders.

This is a problem, I think he has been filling up too much on solids and then is refusing breast after his feed ! Has anyone any suggestions on breastfeeding and solids ? Should I give him a full feed of breast before of half before and half after? He hasnt had a cup yet .

Im struggling too with bf and solids ...I offer breast before but I think he prefers solids now ! he just loves them ! and comes on and off the breast laughing at me lol ...unless he is taking what he needs from breast alot quicker now?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->