constipation

L

Luhweez

is there anything i can give my bubs for constpation or do you just have to let it pass? i feel sorry for her because she tries so hard and only manages a wee tiny bit, once a day =(

Im not sure but I know breastmilk has mild laxatives in it to help poops and wees come out? Sorry cant help more. Maybe call your HV?

Are you bottle feeding or breast feeding hun? x

if bottle feeding you could try cooled boiled water, if she is breastfed usually no need to give water as the foremilk is enough

Tristan can get a bit constipated as well. He usually does an explosive poo once every two days - a lot of poo, quite like Vesuvius erupting. However, occasionally, he can go three/four days without a bowel movement and gets really windy and then - bam, a massive poo! When he gets windy, he can feel very colicky, so I give him Infacol before every feed and after a day or so, it seems to pass. I am not sure if the Infacol actually does anything, but you what you can don't you?

I also try to move Tristan's knees up and down towards his stomach - the midwife told me at baby massage that this can help with wind.

Oh, I am breastfeeding.

xxx

if bottle feeding you could try cooled boiled water, if she is breastfed usually no need to give water as the foremilk is enough

My midwife told me to do this when Thomas was constipated, and it worked a treat. Not too much though, we only gave him 30 mls - you have to be really careful not to give babies too much water apparently.

if bf- then it is quite normal to poop once a week! it is because they are using all the milk to grow and there isnt any left to dispose of.

if bottle feeding, i suggest changing your milk. Stage 2 milks can make babies constipated. I found SMA gold made tom constipated whereas cow and gate kept him quite liquid.

Gripe water has always relieved this and wind for my Caitlin x Nothing else ever worked!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->