Constpiated baby

Dragonfly

Mother of 4
Reaction score
third day and William hasnt poohed. :nope: He is on solids and still being breast fed. I dont give him anytihng banana as that could make it worse and he hasnt poohed. Peed loads. He has been a bit slow on the bms for a week now. Think the food is doing it to him as I am weaning.

what can i give him?

prunes, peas, peaches, pears are all good for constipation. If Hannah's is really bad I use prune/apple juice from Heinz.

is strawberry tro much as they are a natural laxitive?

I wouldn't do strawberry as your supposed to hold off on those until 12mo because of the high allergy risk. Are you sure he needs to go? Like does he seem in pain and struggling to go? With him being breastfed he may not go everyday, even when the boys first started solids while still nursing they didn't. Maybe just a bit of water would help him though?

Finns on solids and can go 3 days without a poo. is it hard? Because the HV told me if it wasn't hard and he wasn't struggling to poop then he wasn't constipated and I shouldn't worry. I give him water at every meal though.

he had a bit of a pooh and it was soft and stank! maybe he just dosnt pooh every day now from the weaning. He seems happy enough I just worry.

I have fed him strawberry before his ellas kitchen stuff had it in it! I didnt know.

I just went through this with Claire. She was having really hard pellet poops, gave her some prunes and it got the plumbing working again!

Mo3 has it right, if he's being BF still he probably just doesn't need to go. You can't tell if they are constipated by the frequency of poops, only by the consistency of them. If they are soft and mushy then I'm sure he's fine.

It's scary though, eh? :hugs:

no not constipition, I feel silly now. Its soft and smelly not as runny so its just the food thats doing it to him. Supose I will get to learn all this as i go a long , it is scary though! my god one spot or anything and i am getting the glasses out testing for checking tempratures.

You aren't alone, sweetie! I definitely am the same way. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->