Consultant appointment tomorrow - what to expect?

MajorBee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have my first appointment with a consultant tomorrow and I'm unsure what to expect. My care is midwife / GP led, but I've been referred to the consultant as I had a biopsy following several abnormal smears. It was all clear on the biopsy front but mw has referred me "as a precaution".

Anyone have any idea what I can expect tomorrow??!

Edit: Forgot to add I'm 19+3 if that makes any difference?

not a lot really - just all the same checks your midwife gives you again. good luck

hi there they are waste of every1s time u end up waiting over an hour to be seen the they dont do nowt like other poster says above just like going to see the midwife but i think the midwife does more xxx

I had mine the other day- first there was a midwife and nurse there, they checked my urine and bp and listened to babies heartbeat. Then consultant came in and as my referral is about my asthma and heart murmur she just said asthma might get worse or not, take your inhaler blah blah and for heart murmur she wants me to get an ECG just to check it's ok. I have to go back for a follow up after the ECG then that's it, will be released to midwife only care.

Thanks everyone. I had the appt & like you said there was the usual blood pressure & wee checks. I have to have another scan to check my cervix (information I never thought I'd need to know!) so the dr explained all that - though not sure why they couldn't schedule the scan without seeing the dr?? As a bonus though I got to hear bubs heartbeat again - yay!! Gotta love that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->