Consultant led... Homebirth?

dan-o

RMC's but mum to 3 now!
Reaction score
I'm consultnant led this time, presumably because I got high blood pressure right at the end of my pregnancy last time and had to be induced (40+5)

I was wondering if being clc means a homebirth is out of the question?

I had a very straight forward (and fast) labour and delivery last time, despite DS1 being back to back and me being under induction.

While I don't mind delivering in hospital, I would much prefer to be in my own home (if my blood pressure behaves this time) I'm hopeful it will stay down, as I'm much lighter this time round and not under the stress I was last time!

They might recommend you have a hospital birth, or I think they'd want you to be discharged from consultant led care to have a home birth.

Im consultant led, but am haveing a midwife led homebirth. =) The hospital dosent like it, but my midwifes supportive (said im healther than some that fit in the "perfect" homebith stats) Im not going to the hospital, I dont think id get there anyways.

Thanks ladies :)

I spoke to my midwife today (who I saw with my last pregnancy also) and she thinks it will be entirely possible to have a homebirth, if all continues to go well! :yipee:

Good luck pixles, you must be ready to pop at any moment!! :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->