• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Contact centre, advice needed asap.

kirsteen

Ollypop<3
Reaction score
Fob use to see Lo for about an hour a week supervised by me, he had him twice overnight (dropped off at night and picked up in the morning) as I got more confident with his ability to care for LO. However he has a history of violence and drugs and is on probation and a suspended sentence, but seemed to be improving. Then last month he was drunk in a primary school and assaulted a police officer, narrowly escaping prison due to his suspended sentence. Because of this I no longer felt safe supervising the contact and also was worried for my LO so told him he needed to arrange it through a contact centre, never saying he couldn't see him, but it needed to be in a safe, secure environment, this works better for LO and me also as I'm trying to fit work, College and LO around taking him to see his dad.
Obviously trust needs to be built again but I am 100% this is the safest and beat option. Fob hasn't been able to go to a contact centre due to his community service and his mum has been messaging me asking to have LO at hers so fob can see him on a Sunday. I said no I wanted a contact centre and he will just have to wait for his community service to be up in 4 weeks as I have plans for LO anyway
She said that wasnt fair etc, but I've stuck to my guns as I know otherwise it won't happen. Plus both her and fob lie to me alot so I'm never sure what really is the truth.
Now there is talk of taking me to court for access, but surely as I'm not stopping contact just wanting it properly arranged and for good reasons there is no grounds to take me to court? He would actually see him more at a contact centre and itd be monitored, safe and consistent contact, something LO and his dad have never had. Has anyone had experience of this and can offer any advice?

I've got no experience but didn't want to read and run, can you contact either a solicitor a social worker or citizens advice bureau for advice? Good luck, the vital thing is that your lo stays safe make sure no one gets involved in his care that you don't trust implicitly.

I have no advice from experience, sorry but I'm sorry FOB is being like this! I would get a free legal advice session and see what they say though I don't think he would really have a case as you are doing it with Oliver in mind and not stopping him from seeing his dad!

With a history of violence and drugs plus him recently assaulting a police officer the courts would probably recommend a contact centre anyway. Especially if you say you want a contact centre with your LOs safety in mind so it would really just be a lot of hassle on himself and you(and they probably know that! Just trying to scare you into doing it their way). A lot of solicitors do a free family advice service which would give you more of an insight and citizen advice bureau is a good option too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->