continuing mil rants

tina426

Reaction score
So mine has been dismissive and obnoxious thru my pregnancy, and is at it again...

For starters, my shower was in my hometown, about 4 hours from where my dh and i live and about 8 hours (in opposite direction)from where my inlaws live (so it's in between where inlaws live and we currently live).

She didn't want to invite people just for gifts, which was great/fine, i didn't really want a shower, so smaller was better. She invited herself and my sister in law, and 2 of my husband's aunts. Well, no one could come but her. Again, fine, i wanted a small affair. She then spent the past two weeks pouting to my dh about traveling by herself,and having family members call and encourage him to be really nice to her for making all this effort. To that end, she announced she was flying in (nearest airport is a bit over an hour away), and not renting a car, and expected that my dh and I would shuttle her around, including to get 730am flight the day after my shower. It was super fun.

Additionally she went on a long tirade at my shower about how she was so worried about me because once when she'd asked how i was my dh mentioned i had stretching pains, because that was so weird and concerning and it was so good i hadn't lost the baby. (1 my whole family looked at her like she was nuts because what kind of rose glasses does she remember pregnancy with that she didn't have a stretch or ache the entire time that she thought it was THAT weird and 2 WHO SAYS THINGS LIKE THAT ) and separately she asked about birth plans and went on about how she doesn't understand all the fuss women make, she went to the hospital when it hurt and they gave her drugs and like 45 minutes later she had her child...she's just so irritating

Oh wow. I feel your pain. She sounds like she's very selfish while dismissing everything about your pregnancy that's different. How unfair for you! Pregnancy is stressful enough without that attitude.

Oh my word! I would be beyond annoyed, I sometimes am sad that I don't have a "normal" mother in law, Dhs mom has schizophrenia...she's really sweet, just really childlike though, but then I hear these stories and I'm kind of thankful I don't have to deal with all that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->