Contraception advice please?

xxsteffyxx

Single Momma
Reaction score
Afternoon ladies...

Right I'll cut straight to the chase. I had the implant in from may 2012 and had it out in February 2014 (this year) as my partner and I wanted to try for a baby. We got pregnant straight away but I lost the baby on Mother's Day this year. Anyway, partner is now my ex... Long story in another thread but that is besides the point.

I have now started seeing someone new, he is lovely. But neither him nor I are ready for any babies yet. I have my two year old and that's enough lol!

Currently taking micronor but I don't really like taking the pill (fear of forgetting) but don't fancy having the implant back in.

We had the 'talk' about future plans and stuff and both of us kind of agreed that between 2-3 years gives us and my son enough time to do everything we want to get done.

I don't know an awful lot about anything other then implant and pill. So if anyone has any advice I would appreciate it xxxx

Get a merania coil they are supposed to be great. You can just forget about it for anything up to 5 yrs.

Or there's the patch (similar to the pill) but you change it weekly.
There's also injections they last 8-12 weeks.

ended up getting the implant back in today - but thanks for your advice ladies xx

I've actually been thinking about getting the implant. But I'm just scared about how it'll affect my periods. I don't mind having regular light periods. But irregular and unpredictable will annoy me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->