Contraceptive Implant

tone

Mummy of 2! ttc for #3
Reaction score
Who has/had it?

I had it put in two weeks ago yesterday, and got my AF on the monday after and i'm still on! Which is very unusual for me!
For people who have had/have it, did this happen to you? How long was your first AF and also how did it make your bleeding overall? Did it stop altogether, get worse etc?

Thank you xx

It may turn out rite for you but i'm having mine taken out in a couple of weeks, i've bled constantly, bloody ridiculous! It will probably settle down, most docs say give it 6months and then it will sort it self out, with some it doesn't x

I had mine put in in september last year. Had regular periods up until end of december where i was 2 1/2 weeks late and i've been bleeding ever since. I'm giving it another few weeks and if i haven't stopped i'm going to get it taken out. I really thought it was going to work for me. I had 5 good months with it!!

I had it in for 20 months, i bleed constantly for 7 months, then nothing for 4, then would bleed for few weeks at a time, the main problem with mine was it caused depression.

3 months in-ivce had constant bleeding or spotting everyday, its getting me down now. also feel achy/due on most the time. i want it out, but have to till the 6 month mark.

i cant go swimming untill the spotting stops (too light to use a tampon, would be dry/sore to pull out sorry if tmi).

i dont recomend it to anyone!

keely.

I had it in for 20 months, i bleed constantly for 7 months, then nothing for 4, then would bleed for few weeks at a time, the main problem with mine was it caused depression.

im feeling really down-wonder if the implant is causing this/making things worse.

I had spotting for maybe a week or a little bit more, but after that I haven't had anything other than random cramping. I got it 6 wks after Savannah was born.

I've had the implant for 13 months now and I've found my AF to be slightly random, some are heavy and some are very light, and as for a "cycle", it's not set to 28 days - it's either less or more.

I do like the implant because I'm rubbish with the pill and I really don't fancy the side effects during and after the injection.

Hope you get sorted soon... x

I got mine when aidan was a month old. I had an AF dead on time and it lasted 9 days and now im overdue for my AF, not worried though as the nurse said that might happen
xx

i bled for about 8 month solid! not just spotting, heavy full blown bleeding! it did settle down after tht tho

I had it for a year and a half and was severely depressed my friend also had it and developed bullimia, have it at your own risk personally i think the thing is evil and not enough research has been done into the effects. x

i had my implant put in before i got married in nov. 2007. i had no bleeding at all the entire time i had it, Dr said this was how it is actually suposed to be. I gained 30 lbs in a month and had to take my wedding dress back and get a new one. because of the implant i now weight 55 lbs more that i did before i got married. i had it removed last september and had to wait 6 months for AF to arrive after removal. "return to normal in a few days" huh my TAIL> blah. i will never do anything hormonal to my body again. i would never recommend this to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->