Contraceptives. Looking for the right one.

bbforme

Reaction score
I am about to have my 2nd child and this will be the last child that DH I can afford! (We'd have another if we won the lottery :winkwink:)

I've asked DH to consider getting snipped, since it's less invasive then most options out there for women, but he thinks this will somehow affect his "manhood" :dohh:

Soooooo....I'm trying to find an option that's right for me. I don't want to take the pill and would prefer a method non-hormone based.

Any suggestions?

i have the injection and havent had any problems with it so would recommend it 100%, i had the implant a few years ago and that made me moody and put weight on so i wouldnt recommend that hun xx

ive used a patch and loved it. its like a nicoten patch i used to put it on my bum lol id reccomend it

it was more uncomfortable than painful for a few seconds then crampy for the rest of the day dealt with by paracetamol. My periods became a bit heavier and slightly longer and TMI had a more metalic smell for a while. It was definately worth it though in terms of being protected and not having to worry about taking anything, or messing up cycles etc.They put it in during my period so was bleeding anyway.

Copper coil. I had for 3 yrs no commplications, no side effects versus injection wich i used prior that and made my period stop completely making me bloatted and I putted on like 15 pounds and the patch wich I used prior the injection and it made me so sick I couldn't even drink water bc I threw up.. Hope this helps

copper coil, non hormonal, good for 10 years.

I'm really considering the copper coil! Did it hurt much? Do you bleed for a while? Any side effects?

I had mine for 9 1/2 years. no it does not hurt although if you get cramps or heavy period during your cycle, it could make them a little worst. But I didn't have any of those problems before my IUD so I was able to use it fine. My string did disappear on me but I had ultrasound and they told me it was in the right position. I did spotted everyday after my last pap smear, so it was time for me to take it out. Everything went fine. The only scary thing was that I was afraid I was pregnant on IUD when I spotted everyday but I wasn't.

btw, I got pregnant twice since they removed it in July. Yeah, we are planning (I was going to hold off but I am not getting younger as I am nearly 35 years old. I want our son have a sibling as he is by himself alot. he only have 4 cousins total who he never see, especially since my parents died) I think this pregnancy may stick around. the last one was probably a chemical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->